Manager, Human Resources
NbcuNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Human Resources - Operations & Technology
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBCU's Operations & Technology division supports NBCUniversal's portfolio of broadcast, cable and film businesses. O&T includes domestic television production operations, Universal Studio operations, global technical operations, information technology, and media products & advanced technologies. O&T also includes corporate service functions, including environmental health & safety, facilities, security, and crisis management.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to provide strategic Human Resources support for Rock Center Operations. RCO is responsible for supporting an array of television and production services across NBCUniversal, from running day-to-day Entertainment & News production operations and distribution of the NBC network, to long-term strategy development and capital planning. The team partners with businesses across NBCU to drive production, manage varying technology and operational initiatives, and help define, meet, and maintain business goals to serve clients' needs.
This role will partner with an employee population in New York and California. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to organizational design, staffing, training & development, performance management, coaching, employee & labor relations, compensation planning, and support for various talent pipeline programs.
• Provide HR support for the Operations & Technology division, participate in and/or lead division and corporate HR initiatives.
• Drive strategic HR-related planning, organization design & integration, staffing, compensation planning, manager coaching, employee development, succession planning, and performance management.
• Work to resolve employee and organizational issues in a proactive and positive manner.
• Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures for managers, teams and individual employees that further the mission, values and strategic vision of the business.
• Partner with our Labor Relations teams to effectively support a large union represented population, ensuring compliance and top-notch client service.
• Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment; serve as an employee advocate.
• Collaborate with leaders & the Labor Relations team to continue positive momentum in the Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion space.
• Support the staffing process in concert with our internal talent acquisition team to implement recruitment strategies as well as ensure diverse candidate slates and quality candidate selection.
• Provide direction and support for our various pipeline and talent development programs.
• Work closely and partner effectively with several HR leaders to ensure consistent HR practices across related organizations and functions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management, or related field
• Minimum 5 years of relevant professional level HR experience
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to travel for work related business as necessary
• Master's degree in HR, Labor Relations, or related field; MBA or JD
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills; superior project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills
• Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
• Previous experience working in a highly matrixed organization a plus
• Demonstrated coaching, mentoring, and leadership skills; change agent; results orientation
• Effective influencing capability, established executive presence
• Strong employee relations skill set; can earn trust and credibility with employees
• Demonstrated ability to translate 'big picture' business strategy into an executable HR plan
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal guidance or direct supervision when necessary
• Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Previous experience in cable, television or entertainment industry a plus
• Previous experience in a union environment and/or supply chain a plus