Manager, Creative Arts
NBCUUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Creative Arts (Costume, Property, Drapery, Sign, and Fabrication)
NBCUniversal is looking for a Manager of Arts to join our Property and Costume team in Universal City, California! In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations for one of the largest Costume, Property, Drapery, Sign & Staff Shops in the world, servicing Television, Feature Film, and all other forms of media production across the globe. These departments offer a full suite of production services including rentals, manufacturing, cage & office rentals, and other custom fabrication services.
Serving both internal NBCU clients as well as 3rd party productions, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities to reduce cost, raise profit margins and optimize the client experience. You will be accountable for effective business administration, employee engagement, and client relations.
What You'll Do:
• Monitor material costs and labor
• Manage labor expenses and revenue streams; determine optimal shifts, workdays/hours, and overtime based on business volume
• Oversee office administration functions including customer onboarding, order processing, invoicing/billing, client deals/discounts, credit approvals, dispute resolution, vendor relations, out-of-state shipping, monthly accounting close, etc.
• Partner with internal Marketing and Sales teams to devise ongoing sales and advertising strategies aimed to improve market share, client mix, and overall brand awareness
• Measure and report rental inventory utilization; provide sound recommendations around asset acquisition, liquidation, and merchandising based on category, period, location, and other attributes
• Oversee asset processing: acquisition, cataloging, barcoding, inventorying, merchandising, decommissioning, and liquidation
• Review, document, and implement continual improvements to operational processes, systems, safety, and departmental policies
• Meet with customers to discuss new/continuing show budgets; identify current/future needs and find creative solutions
• Provide design/consulting services for various productions, on-lot events/seminars, high-profile community/government/industry engagements, and other internal events
Let's Talk About Youâ€¦
• Communicates with ease â€'' You have a way with words; written and verbal
• Passion for Production â€'' You understand and care about high-end content production and how our businesses fit into the overarching process
• Analytical expert â€'' You create tools and processes quickly and accurately to provide job estimates for clients leveraging deep industry experience, historical trends, team expertise, and vendor relationships
• Flawless executer â€'' You get things done! Using strong business acumen, organizational and superior process/project management skills, you prioritize and execute numerous complex projects in parallel
• Trendsetter â€'' You understand market shifts as demand changes and how to respond quickly with the right assets at the right time
• Tech-savvy â€'' You are an MS Office whiz and can take on new software with ease
What You Must Have:
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
• 6 years of experience in a business environment, solving complex operational problems with a proven track record of leadership
• Work experience in film production
• Proven skill in business administration, operational budgeting, and process improvement
• Experience in asset management and the ability to ensure maximum utilization of assets across all productions
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, client needs, operational issues, and deadlines
What Would Make You a Stand-out:
• Knowledge of various studio departments and production groups
• Experience with inventory management systems such as RTPro, SAP, and Sphere
• Ability to build and maintain relationships in design communities, across studio operations, with internal/external productions, and among NBCU executive management
• Ability to instinctually appraise assets based on value, usefulness, rent-ability, etc.
• Knowledge of NBCU corporate landscape and administrative processes
• Strong analytical capabilities and financial acumen
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $100,000 - $115,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.