Manager, Brand Strategy & Planning
NbcuNew York, NY
Full Time Job
NBCU is looking for a dynamic Strategist to become a valued member of the Cable Brand Strategy & Consumer Engagement team (Bravo, E!, USA, SYFY, Oxygen and Universal Kids). Reporting to the Sr. Director, Brand Strategy, this person will support the Brand Strategy team in the development of communications and marketing strategies that foster ideas, inspire creative thinking, drive cultural relevancy and lead to audience awareness, tune-in and fandom. The Brand Strategy team works cross-functionally across multiple disciplines and plays a critical role in establishing the foundation of marketing campaigns across all networks, while also assisting with other high visibility brand priorities.
The ideal candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about the entertainment landscape, be comfortable with analyzing consumer research, will be extremely detail-oriented and have great writing and data visualization skills, have strong executive presence and will understand how to translate quantitative and qualitative data into insightful POVs, compelling brand stories and unique selling propositions.
• The ideal candidate will blend intellectual curiousity with strong business acumen. They will understand the changing media landscape, shifts in consumption patterns, and how to develop compelling strategies that foster ideas, inspire creative thinking and lead to audience awareness, tune-in and fandom.
• The candidate will work closely with the Brand Marketing, Digital, Research, On-Air, Creative Development, Media, External Agencies and Development groups to develop actionable and useful strategies that set the foundation for all marketing initiatives.
• Leverage data, insights and analysis to help the team define and articulate the audiences, positioning, messaging hierarchy, cultural context and marketing platform for scripted/non-scripted original programming.
• Work with the Brand Strategy team to understand the media, entertainment, cultural and competitive landscape, including macro & emerging trends, best practices and new technologies impacting our industry.
• Take lead in authoring strategy primers and briefs for returning and new series across all networks.
• Help manage and guide the NBCU page selected for the Brand Strategy team each quarter.
• Maintain project tracking for multiple workstreams and deliverables to meet deadlines.
• Manage logistics for internal meetings and strategy presentations.
• 5 years of brand marketing and/or communications experience working on leading-edge consumer and/or entertainment brands.
• Flawless visual storytelling and data visualization skills that leverage the latest tools (PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.) to powerfully bring ideas and insights to life.
• Passion for and knowledge of the entertainment industry
• Ability to translate data from secondary data sources into actionable insights for a campaign
• A working knowledge of basic quantitative/qualitative research methodologies.
• Excellent structured thinking acumen, business writing, executive-level presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Extraordinary attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic, with a dedication to excellence.
• Confident, driven, self-starter, who is comfortable working autonomously.
• Must be willing to work in New York City.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• A passion for writing, storytelling and creating presentations.
• Must be creative and analytical at the same time.
• Ability to sell ideas up, down and across an organization.
• A collaborator, able to bring together cross-functional groups for a single purpose.
• Fantastic project manager who stays organized, maintains a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and executes numerous projects simultaneously
• A culture vulture with boundless passion for consumer trends, behavioral economics, demographics, psychographics, television, music, movies, art, technology, new media, the current zeitgeist and all things pop culture.
• An enthusiastic team player that takes ownership of all work they manage and produce.