Intern - News Desk
This was removed by the employer on 11/15/2023 6:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - News Desk jobs in Singapore-SG
Search all Intern - News Desk postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
News Desk Intern (Jan - June 2024)
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
CNBC is the world's number one business and financial news network. Its mission is to help the influential and aspirational make astute decisions to get ahead by providing live market updates, breaking news, in-depth analysis and exclusive interviews.
CNBC's vast portfolio includes CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the network's premium subscription service that provides real-time global market data and market analysis, as well as a growing slate of live and virtual events where consumers can experience CNBC's award-winning journalism, live.
With headquarters in New Jersey, London, Singapore and Abu Dhabi, CNBC provides a truly global 24-hour business briefing for senior business leaders, the financial community and those with assets to invest or protect. Today the channel is available in more than 392 million homes worldwide. CNBC also boasts a growing audience across its social media and digital video platforms.
Visit www.cnbc.com for more information.
The News Desk Intern supports the News Desk to ensure CNBC offers world-class content on global business and finance through guest interviews. You will learn how to ask intelligent, tough and balanced questions to high profile key stakeholders in the global business and finance industry. This role is ideal for university undergraduates aspiring to explore a career in TV news production and journalism. You enjoy interacting with people, and have keen interests and passion in business, economics, and financial markets and international relations. There will also be opportunities to learn about business and markets, as well as the fundamentals of journalism.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Meet and greet C-suite guests and key industry stakeholders at CNBC Studio located at SGX Centre
• Set guests up and interact with them prior to their interview segments on the TV shows
• Create daily highlights and send them to key clients and affiliates
• Learn how major global news networks react to breaking news and cover them with guests professionally
• Learn how to pitch to news makers and market movers to come on to CNBC TV shows for interviews
• Assist the News Desk to grow and build relationships with guests, companies, PR agencies and financial institutions in APAC
Students must be able to commit to a 6 months Full Time Internship from Jan - June 2024.
• University undergraduates majoring in business, economics, mass communication and/or media production
• Keen interest in business news, economics, financial markets & current affairs
• Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills to engage and interact with both internal and external stakeholders at varying levels
• Ability to prioritize a variety of tasks while operating under tight deadlines
• Ability to work in a face-paced, high-tension live news environment
• Willingness to learn and pro-actively take initiative
• Fluency in English language is essential
• Flexible to work early morning shifts
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.