Intern - Communications & PR
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 4:24:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Communications & PR jobs in Sydney-NS
Search all Intern - Communications & PR postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
This will be a part time (2-3 days) role until Dec 2024.
Reporting to the Head of Communications and PR you will be integral in assisting the team with external communications and PR across the lifestyle, entertainment and family portfolio of channels in the region, including Bravo, DreamWorks, Universal TV and Oxygen, as well as PR support for Hayu, the all-reality, on-demand subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service.
The role also supports the Executive Assistant to NBCUniversal's Managing Director of Global Distribution, International Networks and Direct-to-Consumer, with special projects and business events.
• Working alongside the Head of Communications and PR to deliver press office responsibilities and develop external communications across our portfolio of channels and Hayu, promoting new and exciting shows.
• Working with programming and the global team to assist with the creation and distribution of the monthly programming highlights across both Networks and Hayu, sent to media.
• Writing and tailoring international media releases for the local market.
• Collating press clippings and tracking all media coverage for channel brands, Hayu and priority series.
• Compiling internal PR coverage reports.
• Assisting in asset delivery, including images and screeners for media.
• Managing media contact lists and ensuring they are kept up to date with media movements.
• Assisting with talent interviews and collating all requests to submit to the global team.
• Support with on-ground shoots, talent tours and red carpet events.
• Assisting with special projects alongside the Managing Director's Executive Assistant, including but not limited to company events etc.
• Finance support including raising POs when needed
• Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Work, Outlook and Excel
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative with a proactive approach
• Excellent communication and a great team player
• Well organized with great prioritization skills
• Passionate about PR, media, entertainment and the television/film industry.
• A people person with an optimistic approach and can-do attitude
• Currently undertaking university study in communications/PR
• An interest in working in media and developing a career within the broadcast and entertainment industry
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.