This was removed by the employer on 11/15/2023 6:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for HR Manager jobs in London-UK
Search all HR Manager postings
Full Time Job
HR Manager (12 month FTC)
Position: HR Manager (12 month FTC â€'' mat cover)
Division: NBCUniversal International Studios
Reports to: HR Director
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Universal International Studios, a division of Universal Studio Group, delivers award-winning content to millions across the globe. Based in London, the business' in-house production labels include Carnival Films, creator of worldwide phenomenon ''Downton Abbey'' and hit drama ''The Last Kingdom''; Monkey Kingdom, producer of BAFTA-winning ''Made in Chelsea'', ''The Real Housewives of Cheshire'' and ''Don't Hate the Playaz''; Australian-based Matchbox Pictures, producer of critically acclaimed series ''The Real Housewives of Melbourne'', ''Safe Harbour'', ''Stateless'' and ''Clickbait''; Working Title Television, producer of ''Tales of the City'', BAFTA-winning ''We Are Lady Parts'' and hit series ''Everything I Know About Love''; and Heyday Television, producer of award-winning series ''The Long Song'', ''The Capture'' and ''Clickbait'', plus the upcoming adaptation of ''Apples Never Fall''. The studio also backs Tony Ayres Productions (TAP), the company also behind ''Clickbait'' and anthology series ''Fires''; and owns an equity stake in Lark Productions (''The Glass Hotel'') in Canada. The studio houses a London and LA-based scripted unit that develops and produces original series such as the Emmy-nominated television adaptation ''Hanna'' and BBC family adventure drama ''Dodger'', as well as hit shows such as ''Transplant'' (Sphere Media/CTV/NBC) and the cyber-thriller ''The Undeclared War'' (Playground Entertainment/Channel 4/Peacock).
At Universal International Studios, we are focused on our commitment to a more ambitious and inclusive future. Our company values play a huge part in this commitment and the culture of our company.
We're Ambitious For our Future, We're In This Together, We're Actively Inclusive.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The HR Manager is a true business partner across Universal Intentional Studios (UIS), providing HR leadership, advice, coaching and guidance to our studio teams. Reporting to the HR Director for UIS the role supports the delivery of the people agenda providing both a people centric and commercial mindset, focused on driving the business and studio growth. All aspects of the employee life cycle are touched upon in this role and the best employee experience is always pursued, whilst demonstrating our studio values.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-performing team of HR professionals striving to create an engaging, inclusive, and dynamic work environment across our studio during an exciting period of growth!
• Effective Business Partner, acting as a sounding board and change agent to drive and implement the desired behavioural and organisational changes.
• Provide expertise, with the ability to act strategically and operationally across all HR functions including employee relations, talent acquisition, reward, employee engagement and organisational design and change.
• Provide coaching to employees & managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner.
• Provide daily HR support including employee relations, training and development, compensation, staffing and recruitment, work eligibility/visa support, performance management, ad hoc reporting and compliance with HR policies and procedures.
• Confident partner and problem solver with the ability to respond quickly and calmly to situations
• Support the business and key stakeholders through organisational changes.
• Partner with Employment Law and other internal HR stakeholders to resolve situations proactively whilst being sensitive to the time pressure.
• Deliver positive employee relations case management, respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as an approachable and fair subject matter expert.
• Lead on ensuring compliance to our Respect in the Workplace practice & policy, along with alignment to our Studio values.
Learning & Development
• Be a brand ambassador for the development offerings and ensure you and your managers are fully aware of the opportunities and the overall offerings.
• Be passionate about driving key HR initiatives forward for all client groups.
• Identifying opportunities for future talent and supporting the business in planning development.
Talent Management & Acquisition
• Lead talent management programs including the Talent Review and Performance feedback process, by coaching managers, providing advice and support whilst contributing to building a culture of continuous development and feedback.
• Support on the annual implementation of compensation and benefit initiatives. Leading the implementation of the annual salary review process in line with guidelines
• Partner closely with the TA team on all recruitment activities including interviewing, supporting the offer process, liaising with hiring managers and talent retention strategies.
• Manage all family leave processes including maternity, paternity and shared parental leave.
Best Engagement Experience
• Support the HR Director in creating and executing HR strategies designed to enhance the employee experience, particularly in supporting the Studio values.
• Leading HR projects and employee engagement events, including; Career & Creative Talks, Leadership breakfasts and townhalls, whilst working to generate new initiatives to enhance the employee experience and development.
• Working in collaboration with the Universal Global Studios (USG) HR team in delivering HR initiatives, including U Mentor, U Walk, Launch and learn.
• Actively support and guide on wellbeing initiatives and projects.
• Work with DEI team to ensure DEI is embedded into the business culture and provide guidance on HR related initiatives.
• Ensure everyone attends training and compliance is upheld across the Studio. Providing training and advise on stake holders as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Experienced HR Business Partner/Manager, able to quickly build trusted relationships, within a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Engage, influence, and develop strong relationships with stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal/organizational & critical thinking skills
• Resourceful and able to juggle multiple priorities with success
• Have an in-depth knowledge of employment law and experience of managing complex cases wit