NbcuUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The Executive Producer, Creative Partnerships @ NBCU, is part of a team that develops and produces content that seamlessly connects an advertiser's marketing goals with NBC's primetime and late-night intellectual property.
Reporting to the VP and Creative Director, this director-level position facilitates and oversees the production and talent negotiation process from start to finish. In addition, they work closely with the East Coast Creative Partnerships team as well as internal NBC programming and external production partners.
Serving as the West Coast production point of contact on all ad sales related projects, the position ensures communication between all appropriate groups including, but not limited to the following: NBC Sales, NBC Marketing, Programming, Public Relations, Legal, Business Affairs, Music Services, Environmental Health & Safety talent relations, talent agents, show producers and studios.
• Lead all production related aspects of projects, managing the workflow, timelines, and budget estimates from idea generation to greenlight, through production and post.
• Serve as a partner to the entire creative team in ideation and development of pitch related materials and content.
• Serve as departmental expert on all facets of production, managing all logistics and processes, including, and not limited to all labor union agreements, music clearances, business and legal affairs, budgets, health & safety production protocols and timelines.
• Responsible for identifying industry talent, crew, directors and vendors to align with. The position is a key adviser to all outside production partners, contractors, and internal creative teams.
• Mange client-direct communication when needed, acting as liaison between agencies & brands and production entities
• Collaborate with the team on spec and internal projects, helping bring big illustrative ideas to life on limited budgets
• When possible, manage all in-house production to utilize existing NBCU production resources and serve as the line producer, personally overseeing all aspects of the project
• Own the lifecycle of NBCU talent negotiations and contracts, from strategic casting for campaigns, initial agent outreach and offer letter, negotiation through deal terms and final contract, as well as managing the relationship and talent services
• Establish positive and effective relationships with talent agents, show runners, producers, and studio marketing executives, working in tandem with current programming executives and line producers
• Identify industry creative resources and developments and serve as the department expert in ongoing industry innovations, including but not limited to finding cost efficiencies, Diversity, Inclusion & Equity initiatives among cast, crew, staff, and internal training and mentorship opportunities
• Manage direct report who serves as coordinator for entire department, managing all accounts payable and both creative and production needs as necessary.
• Position requires a polished, professional, client-facing demeanor and outstanding organizational skills
• Proven experience managing both large and small scale linear, digital, and live productions as a leader and expert on all aspects of the process. On-set production experience is mandatory
• Proven knowledge of labor and union rules; this person must be an expert at understanding SAG/AFTRA, AFM, and DGA rules of engagement.
• Experience and ease negotiating and interacting with top-tier agents and talent managers
• Ability to juggle multiple intricate and multi-faceted 360 projects in a very high pressure and fast paced environment with ability to pivot under pressure.
• Previous people management experience is a plus
• Exceptional people and written/oral communication skills; and the ability to successfully work with executives at all levels in the sales, media, advertising, and creative communities.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
• Must be willing to travel and work occasional weekends
• Minimum 10-years experience in production, with preference for experience navigating a large media organization as well as a keen understanding of working with brands.