Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
The EVS Operator will be required to perform multiple job functions. This person will work with the production department during live shows and live/live to tape productions. This person should have the ability to perform fundamental and advanced EVS operations. This includes basic editing, building & playing back playlists often while supporting a live show. The EVS Operator should be able to work in high pressure situations sometimes with a quick or immediate turnaround. They should also be able to transfer video clips to and from Avid and Xfile. May also be asked to operate EVS XS, and assist the Digital Transfer Center when required.
• Edit and Playback highlights, sound, & packages for live/live to tape studio shows. This includes news, talk, and instructional shows.
• Ability to Record, Edit, and Playback with an 8 channel EVS XT(3)
• Editing highlights, and turnaround sound bites, using EVS Clips & Playlists
• Storage and transfer of files using EVS xfile program
• Searching and logging video clips using EVS IP director
• Perform routing with Evertz HD router
• Recording of Satellite feeds
• Responsible for the technical quality of all phases of video operation â€'' HD and SD signal flow
• Responsible for transfers, digitizing or any other video ingest support for live shows
• Interface with engineering department regarding equipment maintenance issues
• Xfile support for Golf Channels tournament shows
• Ability to travel for remote Broadcasts as required by supervisor
• Punctual, regular and consistent attendance & ability to work independently
• Perform other duties as assigned
• At least 2 years' experience in live broadcast facility operations; minimum of one year EVS experience
• Understanding of television and post production workflows
• Must be Proficient in Windows, MAC, AVID, Final Cut Pro, and Microsoft Office Products
• Understanding of digital video and audio formats. (e.g., Quicktime, MPEG, AIFF, etc.)
• Understanding of content delivery platforms and how they use video. (e.g., Flash, Quicktime, DVD, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of EVS XS for live production playout
• Strong knowledge of File based workflow, XDCAM, HDCAM, DIGIBETA
• Understanding of FTP and the downloading and uploading process
• Proficient with computers and office software
• Excellent interpersonal & communications skills required
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude & leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities a must
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• College degree preferred
• Experience editing with AVID, Final Cut is preferred
• ScheduALL experience is preferred. Strong multitasking and time management skills
• Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment