Editorial Researcher, Olympics
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone.
We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 1 month during Games Time, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Games-time Olympic researcher will be (or become) an expert in their assigned sport (or Sports) and work with a larger group of researchers to help ensure the accuracy and integrity of everything that goes on air across NBC and its entities throughout the duration of the 2024 Paris Olympic Games.
Olympic researchers may also work on-set supporting NBC's numerous studio shows during the Games. The primary responsibility of an on-set researcher is to fact check and edit copy written by the studio writer, and to inform and educate the host and show talent on storylines, event formats, competition outlook, and any news or otherwise sensitive stories that develop over the course of the Olympics.
• Olympic researchers are expected to become experts in the rules, results, histories, athletes and stories in their assigned Olympic sport(s).
• Develop, compile and report information about Olympic sports and athletes for NBC's coverage of the Paris Olympics
• Track all live action pertaining to assigned sports. Must be able to follow the developments in those sports in the weeks leading up to the Games and during the Games themselves
• Compile and edit athlete biographies, previews, and results
• Monitor social media and online publications for reaction, developing stories, and news on Olympians and Olympic events
• Provide regular contributions to the daily internal Olympic research newsletter
• Proactively prepare and provide updates and alerts on events and news for NBC Sports personnel. Must be able to provide smart and accurate editorial guidance and insight.
• Create and foster relationships with sources within assigned sports and lean on those sources answer questions and provide insight throughout the Games.
• Respond to specific research requests from production personnel, on-air talent, and various NBC entities.
• Help maintain the accuracy and integrity of on-air content.
• On-set researchers will support show talent, writers, and producers to ensure clarity and accuracy in all copy and graphics created for the show.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum one (1) year experience in sports information, research, broadcast/print journalism and/or related field
• Strong knowledge of â€'' and interest in â€'' Olympic sports required
• Proven journalistic writing ability. Submission of writing samples required.
• Demonstrated editorial judgment and fact-checking ability.
• Experience as a senior writer or editor at a college/professional daily newspaper or top line magazine.
• Experience working in a sports information office.
• Experience providing sports information for on-air broadcasters.
• Strong working knowledge of various research sources and methods.
• Proficiency in additional languages are a plus
• On-set researchers must have experience working on set of a live studio show
• Experience working in one or more Olympic sports â€'' particularly network level research and writing â€'' preferred.
• Candidates should be versatile, self-motivated, energetic and able to work well both independently and as part of a group.
• Sound editorial judgment and clear, efficient writing ability.
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, sustain focus on assigned duties and multi-task.
• Experience working with on-air talent is preferred for on-set researchers.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered (note job #: )
• Ability to work the full duration of the Olympic Games
• Willingness to work overtime, overnight hours, weekends
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.