Director, Strategic Communications
NbcuNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director of Strategic Communications plays an active role in crafting and implementing key internal and external communications across NBCUniversal Television and Streaming's Entertainment portfolio, comprised of seven dynamic brands: NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, Universal Kids and USA. As an integral part of a small team that might just watch an inordinate amount of television, the position is responsible for supporting corporate initiatives, brand narratives, executive thought leadership, media relations and internal communications. If you are a TV industry devotee who devours the latest headlines and has passions ranging from big comedies and competition shows to Real Housewives and true crime drama, this is the opportunity to join a group who touches every part of our television business.
• Execute external and internal communication strategies for NBCU Television & Streaming corporate functions including media relations, community affairs, executive thought-leadership and development of key messages / positioning.
• Create and edit key communications materials including announcements, press releases, Q&A, speeches, program descriptions, articles and bios.
• Act as senior East coast team member for a predominantly West coast-based team, including local support for all NY-based executives and related activities.
• Identify and liaise with key forums, networking and thought-leadership opportunities for executives within the division.
• Develop and maintain relationships with the media, conducting ongoing outreach to secure positive coverage surrounding the Television and Streaming's Entertainment portfolio and its corporate initiatives.
• Act as liaison between the division and parent company NBCUniversal on relevant internal events / communications strategies.
• Partner with teams across the division including marketing, digital, research and programming to provide communications support.
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 6 years of experience in communications or media relations
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Willingness to work in New York City, NY.
• Have work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Highly organized, self-starter capable of managing several projects simultaneously
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Must be an independent, creative and strategic thinker.
• Established relationship with media across both consumer and trade outlets.
• Careful attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
• Must be a strong team player and have the ability to interface with talent and executives