Director / Sr. Director, Business & Legal Affairs
NBCUNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 10:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director / Sr. Director, Business & Legal Affairs jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director / Sr. Director, Business & Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal Global Distribution is responsible for the sales and distribution of NBC Universal products to all forms of television and new media platforms in over 200 territories across the globe, its revenue portfolio exceeding $7Bn per year. This includes a rich library of more than 4,400 feature films and 120,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world.
The Director/ Sr. Director, Business & Legal Affairs will take a lead role in handling all matters involving the Global Distribution team and business (including negotiating, advising, and documenting content license/distribution agreements with customers across the globe and handling distribution aspects of commissioning, coproduction and co-financing transactions and arrangements).
• Work as a strategic advisor to sales executives and other business leaders concerning all aspects of complex licensing transactions across the globe (including advising on deal structure and related business impacts).
• Take a lead role in drafting and negotiating content licensing agreements for television and â€œdigitalâ€/â€œnew mediaâ€ customers in various media (including linear free television, linear basic television, linear premium pay television, AVOD, SVOD, transactional VOD, EST and other developing media).
• Partner with sales executives, marketing, technology experts and administrative personnel to identify and resolve business and legal issues (including issues relating to contract interpretation) and provide ongoing counsel, advice, and support.
• Provide oversight of general legal and business practices and standards and oversight of certain litigation matters.
• Provide oversight of regulatory and other legal compliance matters relating to content distribution.
• Direct other special projects and perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above descriptions and may be modified at any time by the Department or NBCUniversal.
• Must possess a JD from top-tier law school
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience for the Director role and a minimum of 7 years of experience for the Sr. Director, including corporate/transactional experience at a major law firm as well as ideally experience performing responsibilities similar to the above in an in-house environment.
• Member of New York bar or other U.S. state bar required.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, New York.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Strong drafting and negotiation skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong strategist able to present, develop and guide negotiations through to closure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a range of personalities and styles and to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
• A persuasive communicator with a vision.
• Ability to recognize and respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a close-knit team.
• Demonstrated initiative, self-starter and accountable.
• Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate.
• Previous experience in licensing entertainment product is a plus, but not required.
This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company-sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $140,000-$170,000 for Director/ $165,000-$200,000 for Sr. Director; both bonus eligible.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.