Director, Business & Legal
NbcuUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal International Distribution is responsible for the distribution of NBCUniversal product to all forms of television and new media outside of the U.S. and Canada. This includes a rich library of more than 4,000 feature films and 100,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. International Distribution is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
The Director, Business & Legal Affairs will be part of a team handling negotiation and documentation of (and advice related to) content license/distribution agreements and related agreements and matters involving the Global Distribution team and business (including distribution aspects of commissioning, coproduction and cofinancing transactions and arrangements).
• Draft and negotiate contracts, including primarily agreements relating to the licensing of film and television content for television and â€œdigitalâ€/â€œnew mediaâ€ customers worldwide in various media (including free, basic and pay television, SVOD, PPV/VOD, EST and other media).
• Advise and coordinate with sales executives, marketing, technology experts and administrative personnel to identify and resolve business and legal issues (including issues relating to contract interpretation) and provide ongoing counsel, advice and support.
• Provide oversight of general legal and business practices and standards and oversight of certain litigation matters.
• Provide oversight of regulatory and other legal compliance matters relating to content distribution.
• Direct other special projects and perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• Must possess a JD from top-tier law school
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience, including corporate/transactional experience at a major law firm as well as ideally experience performing responsibilities similar to the above in an in-house environment.
• Member of California bar or other U.S. state bar required
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company
• Demonstrated, proven drafting and negotiation skills.
• Strong strategist who is able to present, develop and guide negotiations through to closure.
• Previous experience in licensing entertainment product is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a range of personalities and styles and to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
• A persuasive communicator with a vision.
• Ability to recognize and respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a close-knit team.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable.
• Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate