Director, Business Affairs
NbcuNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Negotiate deal terms with production entities and on-air talent in connection with the development and production of content, primarily unscripted, for NBCU's television and streaming networks and platforms.
• Draft initial term sheets and negotiate comments seeing through to completion and signature short form agreements reflecting negotiated deal points.
• Coordinate with Legal Affairs department and review longform agreements and standard terms for accuracy of terms negotiated and consistency with term sheets.
• Handle day-to-day business affairs issues for projects in development and in production.
• Interface and coordinate with many departments, especially the following: content development; content production; casting; legal affairs; production operations; communications; marketing; finance; and distribution.
• 3 years of relevant experience negotiating and drafting development/production deals in a business and/or legal affairs department at a media company and/or entertainment legal practice.
• Juris Doctorate and Bar Admission
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Universal City, California
• Skilled oral and written communicator and negotiator.
• Ability to analyze situations and implement creative, practical, business-oriented solutions.
• Ability to prioritize and work well in a fast-paced environment.
• Convey confidence and sense of collaboration inside and outside the company.