Digital Copy Editor
This was removed by the employer on 10/5/2021 7:07:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Digital Copy Editor jobs in Singapore-SG
Search all Digital Copy Editor postings
Full Time Job
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC is the number one channel for business news and broadcasts thirteen hours of live programming on the EMEA and APAC markets every business day from its TV studios based in the City of London and Singapore. CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products including CNBC.com, the online destination for global business, and a suite of apps including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
The Copy Editor will be responsible for enforcing spelling, syntax, grammar and style rules, and ensuring accuracy of written articles. The Copy Editor will also ensure that all written content has proper voice, context, balance and clarity. Though the role will be based in Singapore, the Copy Editor will work with copy written in Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
will include, but are not limited to:
• Proofread stories thoroughly and edit content copy on deadline
• Catch errors of syntax, spelling, grammar and style in written copy
• Communicate errors and fixes back to relevant editors and writers to help them improve their copy
• Ensure tone of content is in line with editorial strategy set by managing editor and other senior editors
• Help enforce style guidelines set by the CNBC copy desk set in United States
• Assist writers, editors and producers with writing headlines and photo captions that are compelling, direct and accurate
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness to work a daily schedule that straddles the latter half of Asian market hours and the earlier portion of European market hours.
- The role may require working occasional weekends, and it will call for the general flexibility necessary for the operation of a global news organization.
- Bachelor's degree, or comparable professional experience
- At least three years working as a copy editor in daily journalism
- Strong knowledge of AP style and business news but able to adapt to writing style that is relatable, conversational and understandable for a wider, non-financial audience
- Ability to quickly edit complicated financial news stories to ensure they are understandable and relatable for a broad readership
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in helping writers and editors improve and tighten copy under news deadlines
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Working knowledge of digital media technology
- Excellent mentoring and teamwork skills, strong work ethic and the ability to make criticisms and corrections in a collegial fashion
- Experience or interest in business journalism or personal finance and investing topics
- Knowledge of financial markets and terminology
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.