Part Time Job
Content Producer - NBC 10 Boston & Necn
Part-Time Content Producer will be responsible for writing, producing, desktop editing and gathering content for all platforms.
• Work closely with management, editorial staff, Reporters and Anchors to gather content on all of our platforms, including but not limited to Out-of-Home, web, and broadcast.
• Own the editorial and creative development and coverage of assigned stories across all our platforms, including but not limited to broadcast and digital
• May be asked to fill in for Platform Managers, and produce newscasts
• Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed
• Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the air
• Minimum 3 years' experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Minimum 3 years' experience writing, producing and editing content on a desktop editing system
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Strong news writing skills
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Experience in multi-platform news environment preferred
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Passionately develops and presents story ideas
• Significant experience in the news environment and strong journalistic skills
• Experience with news photojournalism and non-linear editing
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, digital and mobile
• Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills
• Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
• Invested and engaged in the local community and authentically understands and represents local viewer interest
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.