Commerce Editor, Select News
NBCUNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/19/2023 10:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Commerce Editor, Select News jobs in New York-NY
Search all Commerce Editor, Select News postings
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture
company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group,
world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain
and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBC News Digital is looking for a commerce editor to help expand its shoppable content and recommendations on Select, the online shopping destination on NBC News.
We're looking for an experienced commerce editor who wants to help NBC News readers make smarter and more responsible shopping decisions. You'll have a hand in developing and expanding our commerce content footprint. The person in this role will conceptualize, assign, write, edit and produce commerce articles based on data-based reader interests, search trends, seasonality and more. You will regularly populate editorial calendars to meet both short-term and long-term goals. Professional experience ideating, writing and editing actionable and reported consumer articles with a focus on service journalism and commerce experience is a must. On top of editorial responsibilities, you will participate in editorial meetings and collaborate with fellow editorial staff, social teams, SEO teams and other stakeholders.
Our top priority is informing readers with fact-based and well-sourced shopping guidance. The ideal candidate will be interested in and eager to learn how to best serve readers through shopping articles that are data-driven, easy to understand and compelling across topics, from tech and appliances to wellness, home, tech and kitchen. The ideal candidate will have edited articles to include relevant research and other trusted and expert sources. In your editing, you will parse out what readers need to know â€'' and what is just marketing jargon â€'' so they can make responsible and smart shopping decisions.
• Pitch, write, edit and produce shopping content for Select
• Translate relevant scientific research, complex news coverage and expert guidance into clear, concise and compelling content
• Ideate and help create content on a wide variety of topics
• Oversee and finalize updates to evergreen content on a timely basis to meet the editorial demands of the news cycle
• Participate in regular editorial meetings
• Optimize new and existing posts based on affiliate partnerships and commerce opportunities
• Build commerce posts in the CMS
This position is eligible for company-sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $85,000-$100,000.
• At least 3 years editorial editing experience, including commerce experience
• Work experience for a major news brand is a plus
• Firm grasp of AP Style: spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Proven understanding of using primary sources and experts to inform fact-based, grounded consumer advice
• Attention to detail and ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to manage many different tasks at once
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams
• SEO knowledge
• Knowledge of affiliate marketing platforms including Skimlinks, Amazon, Linkshare and Rakuten a plus
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.