Audio Engineer A1
This was removed by the employer on 1/22/2024 1:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Search for Audio Engineer A1 jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Audio Engineer A1 postings
Primary A1 audio mixing engineer for live news format and entertainment productions.
• Mix live and taped news format productions with heavy emphasis on remotes and server playback.
• Manage and update intercom panels and IFB designations.
• Manage shared resources for seamless control room switching.
• Prepare elements and control room for live and taped productions.
• Test and verify equipment: Networked audio console, intercoms, RF and hard line microphones, RF and hard line IFB's, routers, multiple audio and video servers, GPI interface with video switcher.
• Construct multiple discrete mix-minus feeds.
• Interface with editorial and control room staff to determine elements and solutions for new and ongoing productions.
• Set up and operate small format audio cart for presentation and simultaneous to air situations with small frame console, IFB feeds, wireless microphones, IFBs, intercom and PA.
• Embellish, edit, and sweeten audio in post using Protools and sound effects library.
• Interface daily with audio team to research and design audio solutions pertaining to production needs.
• Research and recommend new equipment.
• Must display a strong sense of team with audio group and all levels of staff.
• Minimum of five years audio experience; Minimum of two years of broadcast audio operation on Calrec audio board platform.
• Extensive knowledge of digital/analog signal flow within large format networked audio consoles.
• Knowledge of digital routing systems, ADAM intercom systems, ENCO work station, RF microphone and IFB Equipment, PC and Mac small format audio editing software.
• Knowledge of Protools in an audio edit format (not used for live to air).
• Must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of signal flow.
• Must be available for all shifts (weekends and holidays); requires flexibility with last minute schedule shifts and a requirement to work overtime, as needed
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong client service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle pressure in an on-air environment
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.