Associate Editor, Digital Entertainment
NbcuNew York, NY
Full Time Job
NBCâ€™s Entertainment Group is looking for a passionate Associate Editor, Digital with solid experience in the entertainment, pop culture, and lifestyle space.
In this role, youâ€™ll be creating engaging digital content around NBCU shows and talent, including NBC, Bravo, and USA Network.
Reporting to the Senior Editor, youâ€™ll be a strong, quick writer with great news judgment. Youâ€™ll have a sharp eye for identifying compelling news stories in NBCU programming and celebrity spaces, and the ability to write clean and clickable headlines. You'll be expected to marry your editorial instincts with a healthy dose of data to help guide your decision making, both in daily content selection as well as long-term content planning.
As part of the larger Marketing team, youâ€™ll be expected to craft compelling content that energizes the NBCU audience and drives awareness to our linear programming, digital platforms, and other business priorities. The ideal candidate is keyed into NBCUâ€™s current and past programming, with a deep understanding of entertainment and pop culture trends.
-Identifying daily entertainment and lifestyle news stories
-Executing daily news stories and longform features with little oversight
-Crafting social copy to promote all written content; assisting with posting to platforms as needed
-Coordinating relevant media with Photo and Video teams, including selecting the best images to tell the story
-Using analytics to help inform future content
-Conducting interviews with talent and covering events as needed, working after hours and weekends on occasion
-Staying up to date on all the happenings of NBC Entertainment universe, in real-time and by watching the linear episodes
-Working cross-functionally with teams outside our group including Brand Creative, Social Media, Communications, and Production
- At least 3 yearsâ€™ experience with established digital outlets, including publishing within a CMS
- A strong background writing entertainment, pop culture, and celebrity content in a fast-paced digital news setting, demonstrated experience creating timely content under deadline pressure
- A proven track record of strong news judgment with the ability to craft concise, clickable headlines
- Experience reporting, interviewing, and working directly with talent and publicists
- Working knowledge of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, TikTok)
- Experience using data analytics (including Parse.ly, Chartbeat, DOMO, Omniture) to contribute to editorial strategy and inform content decisions
- Comfortable working with data team to run custom analyses
- Experience using Drupal Content Management System is helpful but not essential
- Knowledge of video production and YouTube is a plus
- Experience in the e-commerce space and working with brands on sponsored content is a plus
- A detailed knowledge of and passion for the NBC Entertainment universe is a huge plus