NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Writer, E! Online (Freelance)
E! News is looking for a self-motivated team player to join the digital team in creating agenda-setting, original cross-platform content. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the entertainment space and be a master in all things pop culture. The Writer, E! Online, will be responsible for writing and self-publishing news stories in a fast-paced, deadline-driven newsroom.
• The writer will discover, write and post 5 pieces of daily content including:
• Daily feature stories
• Viral or otherwise socially generated stories, photos and videos
• News stories
• Photo galleries
• Stories that are driving the pop culture conversation
• Original content and POV that drives the social conversation
• Identify viral and emerging stories/trends and pitch to the assignment editor for write-ups.
• Provide insight for clever angles, second beats and shareable headlines for news stories.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
• 2 years' experience in a deadline writing environment, ideally in entertainment news
• Proficient in social media and SEO and a clear understanding of how the two influence one another
• Excellent writing skills that align with the E! voice
• This is not a 9-5 job, candidates needs to be flexible, willing to work weekends and evenings at times depending on the news cycle.
• Hard-working, dedicated and detail-oriented
• Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment within a competitive 24/7 breaking news cycle
• A blend of collaborative skills as well as being an independent self-starter
• Effective communication skills and experience working across multiple departments
• Love of pop culture and all things entertainment