Writer's Production Assistant
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/15/2021 7:10:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Writer's Production Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Writer's Production Assistant postings
Full Time Job
• Highlight scripts for shoots as needed, and any other pre-production needs that the head writer may have when producing a bit or a pre-tape.
• Update archives for all recurring bits on the show including â€œThank You Notes,â€ â€œTonight Show Sponsorsâ€
• Oversee producing the creative packet, communicating with writers and working with producers to publish packet in a timely, efficient manner.
• Manage schedule for head writer.
• Update head writer calendar.
• Communicate with writers on behalf of production as they are needed in meetings and rehearsals.
• Attend and take notes in daily writer meetings and weekly pitch meetings.
• Manage submission for award shows.
• Keep track of writing credits.
• Coordinate and schedule writer meetings.
• Take notes in pitch meetings with writers - and overseeing the pitch meeting for various needs.
• Make copies of final monologue - including updated and rewritten versions.
• Assist writers with any internet research or video transcription for current and upcoming bits.
• Overseeing the interns as they handle the writers' coffee, lunch and dinner runs.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum 1 year of prior experience on a TV show (preferably at a studio or network)
• Minimum 1 year experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Bachelor's degree or higher.
• Willingness to work overtime and be flexible with hours.
• Must be willing to work at 30 Rockefeller Center.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Should possess excellent written and communication skills.
• Highly motivated self-starter.
• Professional business manner.
• Someone that's a team player with strong work ethic.
• Comfort working with all levels of management and talent.
• Seeking a very detail-oriented person with the ability to multi-task.
• Ideal candidate works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.