Writer, E! Online
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
E! News is looking for a self-motivated team player to join the digital team in creating original cross-platform content. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the entertainment space and be a master in all things pop culture. The Writer, E! Online, will be responsible for writing and self-publishing news stories in a fast-paced, deadline-driven newsroom.
• Write and publish 4-5 pieces of daily content which range from trending news topics to galleries and long form follow ups to breaking news
• Identify and pitch stories, viral trends and celebrities that help drive conversation
• Seek out clever angles, second beats and shareable headlines for news stories
• Work alongside the team in covering tentpole events, brainstorming lead-up coverage and writing articles in real time as red carpets and award shows air
• Work closely with L.A. Assignment Editor in leading afternoon news coverage, crafting the daily lineup and assigning/editing stories to writers
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
• 4 years' experience in a deadline writing environment, ideally in entertainment news
• Proficient in social media and SEO
• Excellent writing skills that align with the E! voice
• Strong news judgment and understand of what the E! reader wants to consume
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Hard-working, dedicated and detail-oriented
• Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• A blend of collaborative skills as well as being an independent self-starter
• Effective communication skills and experience working across multiple departments
• Must love pop culture and all things entertainment