Web Editor, Telemundo 40
Full Time Job
• Create original articles, videos and slideshows; gather original content from the local TV stationâ€™s newsroom and curate a wide variety of stories from other sources, including blogs, newspapers, online publications and magazines
• Oversee the content of home page, main pages and subsections of the website
• Ensure the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy created by Telemundo Station Group Digital Unit and Telemundo McAllen news department.
•Work and maintain good relationships with the digital team, as well as producers, editors and content experts at the local TV stations.
Oversee content produced and published by newsroom employees in a timely manner in several platforms, including but not limited to Telemundo40.com and Social Media.
•Actively engage the community through content
•Take direction from the News Director, as well as receive input from other areas of the company (sales, management, news, etc.) to get the most effective content online, and collaborate with content centers in other local markets to share stories and resources across all Telemundo and NBCâ€™s city websites
•Must work well with, and engage with the station team they serve
Must be aware of all breaking news, local, national and international. Sports knowledge preferred.
•Must submit a resume/CV online
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
•Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
•Must be willing to work at the station in the McAllen, Texas location
•Must be 18 years or older
•Must have a good driving record and a valid DL
•Must be covered by Solutions, NBCUâ€™s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com
•Experience as an editor, senior writer or senior producer at a major news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines
•Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills
•Excellent Spanish-language writing and copy-editing skills
•Understanding of basic journalistic practices and guidelines
•Curiosity for content with initiative to suggest stories with relevance for all markets
•Must have understanding of SEO practices
•Must be bilingual
•Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, political science or Spanish
Working knowledge of digital media technology, particularly content-management tools
•Blogging, wire service, newspaper rewrite or 24-hour cable news background
•Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding and competitive environment
Video and photo editing skills preferred