NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/2/2023 8:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Standards jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all VP, Standards postings
Full Time Job
We are NBCUniversal's enterprise-wide Standards department. Our team develops and implements content policies that center our viewers and excite our collaborators, including creators, advertisers, and brand partners, to deliver the best experience for all audiences. We support innovative advertising and culture-defining entertainment programs while ensuring that NBCUniversal's advertising and program content reflects the sensibilities of our company and respects our diverse community of fans across broadcast, cable, and streaming.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic executive to join our team. As, the Vice President, Standards, you will be a positive, highly professional leader with a thoughtful, proactive nature, strong interpersonal instincts, and the ability to influence others and solve problems collaboratively. You will have full functional responsibility for managing and leading a team responsible for evaluating advertising and programming content, with wide latitude for initiative, judgment, and action. You will coordinate and leverage standards capabilities throughout NBCUniversal including organizing and implementing standards initiatives and projects and serving as an advisor on standards matters across multiple platforms. As we are a multi-disciplinary team, you will be flexible, pitching in across both advertising and program standards as needed.
We are a geographically distributed department with teams in Los Angeles, Miami, and New York. While this role will be based in Los Angeles, you will be expected to partner effectively and seamlessly with colleagues across the department to achieve common goals. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Standards, TV & Streaming.
• Lead, manage, grow and inspire team members at all levels of experience in a complex and rapidly evolving environment, while nurturing a culture of coaching, learning, feedback, and teamwork, and encouraging collaboration, creative thinking, and innovation.
• Be hands on, including: (a) screening, issuing notes, and assigning Television Parental Guidelines ratings for multiple programming formats (e.g., scripted, unscripted, and specials); (b) reviewing high visibility/high risk and emerging commercial categories; and (c) operating the delay mechanism for live programming, as needed, to ensure that NBCU's content complies with all regulatory and industry self-regulatory requirements as well as NBCU's program and advertising standards.
• Interface regularly and foster excellent relationships with internal and external parties, including ad sales, programming, writers, producers, and other creative executives, advertising agencies and legal counsel to enforce standards decisions and reinforce and solicit feedback on standards policies.
• Leverage the scale of our enterprise-wide team to support the strategies and drive the objectives of NBCU's TV & Streaming business.
• Manage the coordination of cross-department teams on strategic projects, serving as an organizational problem solver, collaborating on effective solutions, and delivering excellence in execution, including supporting projects that help the department utilize technology more effectively within the content review eco-system.
• Serve as a senior decision-maker and subject matter expert for content standards throughout NBCU and participate in decisions affecting major policy and procedural issues.
• Promote coordination of standards activities and sharing of best practices across NBCU's linear, streaming, and other digital platforms to ensure consistency in standards processes where appropriate.
• BA/BS Degree (MBA, JD or other advanced degree a plus), or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of ten (10) years combined experience in standards and practices, and/or relevant work experience in any of following areas: trust and safety, content moderation, television production, or Risk, Regulatory, Policy or Legal within the media, entertainment, or technology industries.
• Minimum 3 years' experience leading teams.
• Must be willing and available to work some evening and weekend hours to meet operational needs.
• Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Must be able to work collaboratively, think strategically and practically, use good judgment, analyze risk and make quick decisions.
• Must be able to separate personal beliefs and interests from content review requirements and apply NBCU's guidelines and policies to applicable content.
• Must demonstrate respect for all and foster an equitable and inclusive environment.
• Must possess a demonstrated ability to engage in sensitive and difficult conversations as the nature of the work performed may require discussion of sensitive subjects that appear in content undergoing review.
• Spanish language fluency is a plus.
• Confidence, executive presence, and the ability to interact and present at senior management levels.
• Ability to recognize and adapt to rapidly changing business needs and prioritize accordingly.
• Excellent multi-tasking, negotiation and analytical thinking skills, and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary: $170,000-$190,000 base, bonus and long-term incentive eligible.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age,