VP, Legal Affairs
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
VP, Legal Affairs, Entertainment Networks
include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for all legal matters during development, production, and delivery of third-party produced scripted originals, including interfacing with studios and internal business, production, and creative partners.
• Identify and provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues, and propose practical, responsive solutions on issues relating to projects in development and production.
• Draft, review, negotiate and interpret contracts (e.g., license and co-production agreements) and other documentation.
• Identify and implement improvements to forms and processes.
• Partner with NBCUniversal business executives, as well as colleagues in the Law Department, to discuss and implement best practices and formulate new processes in connection with business needs.
• Work with the Entertainment Networks Legal Affairs team and colleagues in the Law Department on major projects with long-term business implications
• Manage, advise, and support certain junior members of Legal Affairs team.
• Other matters as needed.
• A minimum of 10 years of entertainment, media law, intellectual property and/or other relevant experience.
• JD from an accredited law school and member of a state bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel.
• Willingness to work occasional nights and on weekends as needed.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY, or Los Angeles, CA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• A strong strategist with superior legal skills, including excellent drafting and negotiating abilities who can present, develop, and guide negotiations through to closure.
• Flexible, creative thinker with the ability to quickly develop new areas of expertise.
• Demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to approach complex legal scenarios in a thoughtful and analytic fashion.
• Superior influencing skills with ability to gain the respect of, and build a rapport with, multiple constituencies at all levels, internally and externally.
• Strong leader, team player, and persuasive communicator proven ability to self-motivate, work independently as well as collaboratively.
• Sound, practical business judgment and calmness under pressure; adaptability to manage multiple wide-ranging matters and priorities, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience communicating with various audiences and levels of management
• Excellent organizational skills, exceptional ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with multiple business units and their representatives.
• Ability to recognize and respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations.