VP, Human Resources, Legal
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Dynamic and exciting opportunity to provide overall human resources support for the NBCUniversal Legal organization. The role responsibilities and opportunities include partnership with members of the senior legal team, managing employee relations matters, compensation planning, performance management, staffing, and HR process coordination. The VP, Human Resources, Legal will provide direct HR Support to the NBCUniversal Corporate Legal organization and strategic HR partnership to business unit legal groups. This position reports into the SVP, Corporate HR.
• Serve as HR contact and provide generalist support for Corporate Legal community
• Manage all day-to-day HR responsibilities, including: salary/bonus planning, staffing, on and off-boarding, and performance management.
• Partner closely with leadership to manage strategic initiatives for the corporate functions, including: employee engagement, retention, compensation/title analyses, employee relations matters, career development & diversity programs.
• Manage a bi-costal team of 3 HR professionals.
• Provide general oversight of work, delegate projects and responsibilities to grow HR talent, and provide career guidance.
• Provide HR leadership to the Legal Function globally by driving development and movement within the function across the organization.
• Serve as primary HR contact for and partner with business HR Managers on all matters regarding the Legal Function in areas that include compensation and title equity, talent reviews, and succession planning, staffing/recruitment and employee relations.
• Facilitate functional review of HR initiatives including merit planning, performance management, and succession planning.
• Mentor and provide guidance to Legal professionals related to their career development and goals. Build bench strength within the Functions by identifying training and development opportunities for talent throughout NBCUniversal.
• Act as liaison between clients and core staff functions by assisting with rolling out new company initiatives and communicating key HR-related standards and information.
• BA/BS in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business Management or related field
• Minimum of 15 years of professional HR experience
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered (note job#: XXXXXBR)
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Musts be willing to travel up to 25% of the time to NBCUniversal locations
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential data for employees
• Able to handle multiple priorities and lead change
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Takes ownership; able to establish self as the 'go-to' HR point person for client organizations
• Experience working in the media industry a plus
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to drive initiatives from start to finish
• Strong business acumen and business partnership with the ability to establish credibility and rapport with leaders
• Demonstrated ability to assess people, lead change and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with client-support and consultative orientation
• Excellent interpersonal skills that exudes confidence and executive presence
• Proven influencer; demonstrated ability to coach and counsel both employees and executives
• Significant experience in managing complex organizational issues
• Team player