Vice President, TV Business Affairs Operations
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2023 9:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Vice President, TV Business Affairs Operations jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Vice President, TV Business Affairs Operations postings
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Business Affairs Operations will bring a consultancy approach to evaluate, improve and implement workflows and processes on an ongoing basis to maximize efficiency and company-wide collaboration. This individual will focus on the Business Affairs division of Universal Studio Group which includes Universal Television, Universal Content Productions, Universal Television Alternative Studios and Universal International Studios. This individual will report to the EVP, Business Affairs.
• Work with EVP, BA to manage the department's business process, policy binder, deal templates, data flow, and training program to ensure consistency in the deal making process across USG.
• Attend BA meetings, and analyze existing BA processes for continuous improvement.
• Work with BA negotiators, contract administration, creative teams, and other USG departments as required to develop and implement workflow solutions.
• Partner with IT to maintain and enhance department IT systems including department utilization and database management.
• Able to develop and mentor BA team on utilizing internal systems.
• Maintain and refine business dashboards for senior leaders.
• Manage other duties within scope of BA Operations as assigned.
• Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience TV Studio experience, preferably in television Business Affairs
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with senior executives.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and experience with entertainment industry database programs.
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
• Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through
• Have a thorough understanding and experience negotiating for development, license and above the line agreements for all platforms (e.g., broadcast networks, pay and basic cable networks, and SVOD platforms), including, but not limited to, writer, director, producer, rights, actor, term deal and first look deals in order to deliver operational strategy, efficiency, and effectiveness to the BA team.
• Business process improvement experience (e.g. Lean Six Sigma).
• Experience with Salesforce platform
• Meaningful knowledge of the television industry- including experience working with WGA, DGA & SAG-AFTRA
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $200K-$270K (bonus and long-term incentive eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].