Vice President, Production & Development
NBC UniversalMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Vice President, Production & Development (Hispanic Streaming)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Field pitches, identify trends, and oversee the strategic development goals for the content department.
• Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with external entities, including but not limited to agents, managers, production houses, producers, writers and directors.
• Oversee the proposal review process, ensuring evaluation reports are generated and tracked.
• In partnership with PM&S lead green light process for area productions.
• Support annual LRP Reviews and revisions for area of responsibility
• Work with Finance, Legal, Creative, Production Management & external production teams to maximize budget by overseeing key production schedules and workflows.
• Review and approve the hiring of production companies & staff.
• Review notes on outlines, scripts, cuts and pilot/trailers to ensure alignment.
• Participate in legal clearance reviews with Legal Department & Legal Production.
• Participate in creative approval sessions.
• Work with Production Management to oversee the preparation and vetting of show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks.
• Oversee product integrations or other sales initiatives in conjunction with Ad Sales.
• Serve as liaison between development and other network departments including publicity, marketing, programming, creative, sales, etc.
• Ensure that productions run smoothly, meet deadlines and stay within budget.
• Works under the direct supervision of EVP & GM, Hispanic Streaming and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in the development and production of scripted/unscripted content.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and relationships with industry professionals.
• Experience in development for the U.S Hispanic market with hands-on experience, ideally from both a production and a development stand-point.
• Responsible, level headed, extremely organized, and the ability to handle deadlines a must.
• Exhibit flexibility, excellent communication skills and relationship building ability.
• Creative and passionate.
• Innovative and entrepreneurial.
• A self-starter, who is assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
• Strong relationships with agents, managers, writers and producers.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high energy environment.
• Team player who works well with others.
• Strong writing and interpersonal skill.