Vice President, Creative & Strategic Marketing
NBC UniversalSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Are you a creative leader who inspires your team to innovate? Are you ready to roll up your sleeves, take risks and go beyond the boundaries of conventional marketing? We seek a leader who is excited about, rather than daunted by, the rapid pace of change in the multi-platform media environment.
Reporting into the President & General Manager, NBC Sports Bay Area and the President & General Manager, KNTV/KSTS, the Vice President of Creative & Strategic Marketing will lead all marketing efforts from brand strategy and storytelling to overseeing creative development and cross platform execution of every touch point with the consumer. This person will need to be analytically focused with strong business acumen, developing brand strategy based off an understanding of marketplace data and audience insights. As the leader of a diverse team, the right candidate will foster an empowering, collaborative, and inclusive culture that fuels creativity, innovation and achievement.
• Lead Marketing, Creative Services, Community and PR teams for NBC Sports Bay Area and California and NBC Bay Area, and work in close collaboration with Telemundo Area de la Bahia
• Serve as a relentless brand leader, overseeing the development and execution of impactful brand positioning, storytelling, and strategic customer-centric messaging
• Oversee cross-platform marketing and go-to market strategy across owned, earned, and paid media
• Maximize cross functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure brand consistency across platforms and drive business growth
• Establish key relationships with team partners â€'' Golden State Warriors, Sacramento Kings, San Francisco Giants, Oakland A's, San Jose Sharks, and San Francisco 49ers â€'' developing partnerships that drive fan engagement, data-driven 360 marketing plans, athlete collaboration and content and viewer consumption
• Oversee production of graphics used in on-air promotions, content integrations, social, and high-end graphics in pre/postgame as well as live events
• Set a culture that empowers risk taking, collaboration and innovation
• Develop team and business KPIs, focused on audience segmentation and analysis and execute strategy on insights with ongoing campaign optimization
• Lead collaboration with Sales to build out branded content and sponsorship opportunities in game broadcasts, studio shows, community events and digital and social executions that elevate the sponsors brand and mission cohesively with the NBC brands
• Be an exceptionally strong, polished, and confident communicator, both internally and externally
• Serve as an architect of change, leading executive team strategies for new audience growth & development, KPIs and monetization across all platforms
• Minimum 7 years of relevant, successful, and progressive Creative Services and/or Marketing experience, with a supervisory-level background at a broadcast, local station, cable television or related environment
• Deep understanding of sports and Bay Area professional teams
• Ability to tell and promote compelling stories
• Brand leader who knows how to connect with an audience
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple projects in a high-pressure environment
• Creative eye for compelling graphics and promotions
• Strong understanding of digital media consumption, and how to break through on all platforms, including social media & OTT
• Experience in executing news strategy and promotion
• Deep knowledge of multimedia trends
• Strong strategic and analytical skill set
• Proven track record in managing creative teams
• Experience developing and managing budgets
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
• Bilingual, English/Spanish, a plus
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco and one day per week in San Jose, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $165,000 - $180,000 (bonus and long-term incentive eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].