Vice President, Communications
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2023 10:19:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Communications jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Communications postings
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Communications will lead communication efforts across the NBCU Local Portfolio partnering with leadership and communications teams from NBC and Telemundo TV Stations.
Reporting to the Chairman, NBCU Local, this individual will create a strategy for company-wide communications and provide communications counsel, strategy and support to division Chairman, senior executives and local station General Managers.
• Serve as primary media spokesperson for the division
• Work closely with the division Chairman and leadership to craft and execute a proactive public relations strategy to raise external awareness of the division's key initiatives
• Provide strategic communications counsel to the stations, helping General Managers and their communications representatives leverage and navigate media opportunities and anticipate, plan for and minimize issues
• Generate and edit press materials, including communications plans, press releases, pitches, talking points, executive bios and social media content
• Create and carry out an internal communications strategy to showcase key station initiatives and best practices to approximately 5,000-person employee base as well as the larger company
• Foster and maintain solid relationships with consumer, business and trade media across all platforms
• Manage a team of two and guide a larger matrixed team of communications professionals across the TV stations portfolio
• Collaborate with communications leaders across NBCUniversal to further the stations' business objectives
• Partner with NBCUniversal News Group as appropriate to ensure consistency with overall company media strategy
• Support station and division reporting requirements for governmental entities
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in PR. Communications, strategy and execution
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have excellent written and oral communications skills
• Knowledge of Local News/Broadcast industry
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) skills and/or exposure to Spanish Language broadcasting strongly preferred
• Exceptional strategic thinking, project/campaign management and execution skills
• Experience with external communications / media relations
• Professional expertise with social media and advanced knowledge of various social tools
• Self-starter/strong initiative
• Strong relationship builder; works effectively at all levels of the organization
• Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $200,000 - $220,000, bonus eligible.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.