NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The Universal City Studios transportation department exists to support the business interests of the company, to support facility operations, and to function as a profit center for the studio. The department also serves an oversight role for the various production units operating under the NBCUniversal umbrella. In this role the department actively engages with all US and Canadian productions, tracking equipment rentals and vendors, federal, state/province motor carrier compliance efforts (US and Canada), tracks accidents and administers discipline accordingly. The department also works with HR/LR in investigation on various personnel issues that arise in all regions. Locally, the department oversees a fleet of approximately 220 pieces of production rolling stock, 500 company owned golf carts, as well as approximately 100 subrental golf cart for on lot productions.
The position offers an opportunity to work closely with Director/VP level managers. The candidate will interact with all divisions within the Universal Studios. The candidate will be exposed to high level business theory, accounting principles, as well as advance knowledge of government transportation regulations. The candidate will work in a fast paced, close knit, collaborative, and results oriented team environment.
• Department director â€''
• Responsible for all department functions as well as oversight of all transportation related activities for all US and Canadian content productions.
• (3) Teamsters Local 399 dispatchers -
• Record and track all production activities (in house/third party production equipment assignment) in FleetMaster data base
• Record and track all local production personnel in FleetMaster
• Hiring, lay-offs of UCS transportation personnel equipment ordering and assignment, and on lot job fulfillment
• Manage golf cart and bicycle assignments (100 bicycles and /- 600 owned and rented golf carts).
• (1) 174 Clerk -
• Executes accounts payable, assists in billables processing
• Assists Billing Supervisor with month end accruals
• Assists Garage Shop Foremen with clerical tasks (repair order, purchase order creation)
• (1) DOT Manager -
• Oversees all DOT compliance issues and all production DOT Administrators (US/Canada).
• (1) DOT Compliance Coordinator â€''
• Works in support of the DOT manager coordinating the DOT Administrators
• Oversees Drug and Alcohol testing program for US productions
• Oversees driver daily log compliance for UCS drivers
• Manages driver qualification process for UCS drivers
• (1) Garage Shop Foremen â€''
• Oversees all equipment repairs & maintenance
• Work with department director in oversight of state regulatory compliance
• Manages fitfulness of the fleet
• Oversees garage staff of three mechanics and three service technicians who repair and maintain rolling stock, golf carts and bikes
What You'll Do
• Work with department director, IT, and Finance in managing ongoing FleetMaster bugs, errors, and enhancement efforts
• Oversight of Local 174 payables/billables clerk
• Review billing and invoice disputes
• Manage vendor relations
• Work with O&T (Studio Services) Billing Supervisor to correct exceptions and issue credits when necessary.
• Will work with Account Payable Clerk and Billing Supervisor to perform month/quarter end accruals and physical inventory reporting.
• Assist department director in oversite of all regulatory obligations for local and distant NBCU vehicle fleet (local UCS and remote UPS fleets):
• State and federally mandated vehicle inspection compliance for local and remote (UPS) vehicle fleet
• Motor carrier permit compliance
• IFTA Fuel Tax/Heavy Vehicle Use Tax
• CA and distant/remote location DMV vehicle registration renewal
• Work with EHS and Sustainability, CARB, Cal OSHA, reporting and compliance
• Audit and keep current special equipment safety certifications nationally
• Assist the department director in research, investigation, and determinations regarding employee performance and disciplinary issues.
• Assist Director and DOT Manager in development and maintenance of DOT compliance processes.
• Work with department director and DOT Manager in assisting CSATF in creation of Canadian Ministry of Transportation compliance protocols
• Assist department director in Special Projects including:
• Fleet/Financial Analysis.
• CapEx process (business case, CAR, ROI, Purchase Manager).
• Assist Director and Finance in creation and maintenance of departmental process protocols (create and maintain protocol manuals).
• Assist department director in customer outreach and market penetration to build share in local and distant location markets
• Assist department director in liaising with Universal Production Services distant locations in oversite of remote transportation fleets.
• Basic knowledge of SAP
• Knowledge of USDOT federal regulations
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point
• 5 years of industry production and/or production transportation experience
• Working knowledge of FleetMaster software
• Working knowledge of Sphere