Technical Site Supervisor - Project
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Working with the Technical branch of Entertainment Production, this supervisor will support the technical direction team on the management and execution of temporary guest attractions as part of the Halloween Horror Nights event.
• Support the maintenance of design integrity across all disciplines. Identify conflicts between design and construction plans and facilitate resolution/communication with all stakeholders.
• Review all documents/blueprints related to install including scenic, engineering, and architectural plans to identify potential challenges and provide solutions for an efficient installation prior to on-site activity.
• Ensure site safety standards are communicated and maintained. Perform daily site safety walks and prepare support documentation.
• Supervise site progress throughout installation. Track and communicate progress to production team.
• Attend/prepare for internal safety and regulatory entity inspections to ensure awareness and compliance.
• Coordinate with USH Logistics Team and on-site trades/vendor including construction, electrical, lighting, audio & video, show control, animated FX, and safety systems, etc. for material and asset deliveries.
• Prepare site for installation: verify site readiness, assist with tent placement, and carpet layout.
• Maintain detailed site-specific schedules for all stakeholders and dependencies.
• Provide daily look-ahead to all on-site leads based on published schedules.
• Provide layout and labeling for various trades on site, (i.e. Marking locations for practical light fixtures, doors, windows, support blocking, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $23.50 - $26.00
• Must demonstrate excellent time management, leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
• General awareness of Type V building and safety/fire codes, as well as ADA requirements.
• General awareness of materials, hardware, and construction methods as well as entertainment theming.
• General awareness of Union conditions and rules. Experience with multiple trades and vendors working concurrently
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.