Technical Production Manager
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 4:25:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Crew Category
Search for Technical Production Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Technical Production Manager postings
Full Time Job
NBCUniversal is looking for a Technical Production Manager to join our Rockefeller Center Operations team in New York City! In this role, you will provide support for NBC Platforms such as MSNBC, NBC News, Sports, Entertainment, and Digital. You will be responsible for managing the crew and production team to execute shows, as well as day-to-day operations. You will also coordinate all technical and logistical requirements prior to air and then in the control rooms to ensure that all technical aspects of the production go as planned.
• Oversee any or all NBCUniversal Studio and Control room production, assuring performance standards.
• Collaborate with scheduling to ensure proper crew assignments.
• Work closely with Media Traffic Control, the Network News Desk and bookers to ensure successful execution of LIVE remotes into daily programming.
• Liaise with NBCU operations & executive leadership
• Oversee facilities, IT, and maintenance services for assigned control room and studio during On-air operations.
• Ensure efficient utilization of company resources within a fast paced, rapidly changing news environment.
• Build and maintain customer relationships within NBC brands. Balance creative demands of various properties with outstanding operational management skills.
• Develop & motivate crews, creating standards and expectations for excellence in broadcasting.
• Execute business strategies and cost initiatives while maintaining day to day operations.
• Manage demands during breaking & unplanned news, sports, and entertainment events.
• Implement unified operational strategy across NBCU show units.
• Work in compliance with Integrity, Health and Safety Policies, and NBC News Standards and Practices.
• 3 years of experience in live, studio television production.
• 2 years of experience working in a News environment.
• 2 years of experience in engineering support and operational experience in broadcast studio and production control room.
• 1 year of experience with field/remote production processes and equipment (including satellite/telco and communications).
• Proficient computer skills, including Apple, Outlook, MS Word, Excel.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Strong on-air operations and technical background.
• Ability to work all shifts including days, overnights, weekends and holidays.
• Proven working knowledge with control room and studio technology.
• Solid leadership, clear communication, excellent interpersonal, and team building skills required.
• Demonstrated management experience and customer focus.
• Experience working with DGA, NABET, IATSE, as well as non-represented.
• Excellent team facilitation and knowledge of team problem solving techniques
• Ability to facilitate change, serve as a change agent in the organization.
• Excellent ability to manage multiple tasks and challenges at the same time.
• Ability to work within a budget.
Salary Range: $85,000 - $115,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.