SVP, Strategic Communications
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 4:25:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for SVP, Strategic Communications jobs in New York-NY
Search all SVP, Strategic Communications postings
Full Time Job
Reporting to the EVP, Communications, Television & Streaming this individual will work in partnership with the broader strategic communications team to manage the technology and corporate narrative for Television and Streaming's Entertainment and Direct to Consumer portfolios, with a specific focus on the company's DTC businesses including Peacock, while also acting as part of the broader team to support initiatives across NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, Universal Kids and USA Network.
The SVP, Strategic Communications will plan, develop, and execute strategies to proactively maximize the portfolio's TV & Streaming narrative, growth objectives, and vision through strategic counsel, media relations, industry events, and relevant conferences and speaking opportunities, as well as act as a key partner in contingency and reactive communications strategy. The ideal candidate is passionate about the entertainment/streaming landscape with deep experience around building a strong narrative as well as launching new products/capabilities.
• Partner with the EVP, Communications, Television & Streaming to better build and amplify the company's TV & Streaming and direct-to-consumer narrative across press, consumers, and the industry.
• Develop communications plans to support a range of products and programs including platform innovation/advancements, new business initiatives and global partnerships.
• Leverage data, customer driven insights and new product launches to assist in the development of corporate communications narrative, roadmaps, and initiatives, partnering with enterprise and divisional-wide colleagues.
• Oversee drafting and editing of written materials, including press releases, pitches, talking points, and presentations.
• Strengthen and cultivate close relationships with key editors, reporters and influencers at technology business and trade media outlets.
• Collaborate seamlessly with colleagues and ensure teamwork is a priority for the communications team.
• Maintain an active pulse and perspective on the trends in the streaming space, with proven ability to develop into executive and corporate level POV.
• Minimum 15 years of Corporate Communications experience including experience working within a matrixed corporate environment.
• Experience in product communications and managing product announcements, launches and campaigns.
• Strong relationships with technology/business journalists.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, motivate, and manage a team of high caliber communications professionals across locations.
• Proven successful track record of developing, shaping, and advancing corporate narratives across all channels, including but not limited to digital, press, events, and industry relations that deliver tangible business results.
• A proven track record of excellence in strategic communications, crisis management, media relations and working with C-suite executives.
• Ability to collaborate across teams and varying priorities to maintain alignment on vision, strategy, and performance to goals; demonstrated capability in conflict resolution with tact and diplomacy.
• Demonstrate a propensity for innovative thinking and entrepreneurial attitude while being respectful of business dynamics.
• Track record of successfully operating within a highly matrixed work environment with multiple stakeholders.
• Confidence, executive presence, and the ability to interact and present at senior management levels.
• Ability to recognize and adapt to rapidly changing business needs and prioritize accordingly.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $220,000-300,000 (this role is bonus and long-term incentive eligible).
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.