SVP, Business Affairs
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Vice President, Business Affairs will be primarily responsible for development and series related agreements on behalf of Universal Studio Group (e.g, pay cable networks, basic cable networks, SVOD platforms like Netflix, Amazon HULU, etc) in connection with scripted programming, including, but not limited to, writer, director, producer and actor test option deals. Additional responsibilities shall also include deals related to product integrations and digital media exploitation (e.g., webisodes). This individual will report to the EVP, Business Affairs.
• Negotiate all aspects of scripted programming deals with talent agents and lawyers (including profit participation).
• Interface with the following departments on a day-to-day basis: creative, production, labor, legal, publicity, finance, ad sales, music, syndication, and marketing.
• Handle and resolve intercompany issues within NBCUniversal, including working closely with Business Affairs for NBCU TV and Streaming.
• Review budgets and other financial data associated with the development and production of aforesaid programming.
• Draft short-form deal memos and test option agreements, as well as review long-form agreements for accuracy of terms negotiated and coordination of payment authorizations.
• Must have 13 years of legal experience in television
• Minimum 5 years of Business Affairs experience
• Working knowledge of the SAG, WGA and DGA basic agreements and the AFTRA Code
• Juris Doctorate (JD)
• CA or NY Bar Admission
• Must have experience managing a team
• Prior experience negotiating development and series related agreements for broadcast and/or cable scripted programming
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the link below to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Meaningful knowledge of the television industry
• Strong and effective negotiating skills and excellent drafting skills
• Detailed oriented and demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
• Demonstrated experience and willingness to perform at a high level as a team player
• Studio/Network experience a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced in-house environment
• Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
• Demonstrated ability to execute and follow-through
• Demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable
• Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel