Summer Paid Intern - Theme Park Culinary
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Universal Studios Hollywood is seeking a Culinary Arts student with a passion for food. We believe that making good food is a labor of love and we are looking an up-and-coming chef to share their love of food with our guests. Our food is an integral part of our brand and of creating immersive experiences for the millions of guests who visit our park each year. The Culinary intern will work closely with the Director of Culinary and with our Executive Sous Chefs of the Park and of the Production Kitchen to understand our business and help prepare new and innovative food offerings for our food venues.
The internship will last approximately 11 weeks and will give interns exposure to our Culinary team, our food business as a whole, and to the parks and resorts business. Interns will learn about our business by participating in development workshops, attending team and 1:1 meetings, and through in-park experiences.
• In pursuit of a Culinary Arts degree with a minimum of one full year of culinary coursework completed
• Completion of culinary math classes
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Must be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA between June 3 – August 16, 2019
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Demonstrated leadership potential at work, school, community or in other venues
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate across all lines of business, and with all levels of management.
• A strong passion for delivering the highest quality of guest service and superior food concepts
• Previous work experience in a professional kitchen or restaurant, or in the hospitality industry environment