Summer Paid Intern - R&D Software Engineering, Dreamworks,
NBC UniversalGlendale, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
DreamWorks is excited to announce that we are currently accepting resumes for our Summer 2020 Software Engineering Internships within our Research & Development and Creative Technologies teams. The engineering teams at DreamWorks develop state-of-the-art techniques, algorithms, and tools that are core to the production of our CG animated films.
Our engineering teams work in several disciplines across our pipeline and company. As a DreamWorks Software Engineering Intern, you may work in one of the following areas:
• Rendering and Shading
• Physics and Simulation
• Computer Animation and Graphics
• Big Data and Analytics
• Large Scale Application Development
• Extensions to Third Party CG Applications
• Cloud-Native Application Development
• Configuration Management
• Technical Writing / Web Development
During the course of a 12-week internship, interns will design, implement, and support aspects of the company's proprietary software tools. They will work closely with our world-class artists and top engineers in this field. Some of our engineers started themselves as interns here at Dreamworks and are now leading efforts that are recognized industry-wide.
Interns will learn to:
• Create unique software solutions that unleash the highly ambitious and creative visions of our artists
• Innovate to provide our world-class artists with the best tools and deliver a competitive advantage to the studio
• Work hand-in-hand with the most talented artists anywhere and have an immediate, positive impact on their work
• Work in a collaborative environment
• Develop problem-solving skills
What We Are Looking For:
• Current student/recent grad majoring in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Physics, and Mathematics or related field(s)
• Strong interest in animation; passion for how technology and art work together
• Dedicated, resourceful, an excellent communicator, possess critical thinking skills, and is a team player.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Ability to commit 12 weeks to the internship and work onsite in Glendale, CA
• Ability to work full time (40 hours per week) from June 2020 - August 2020
• Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Your resume and cover letter with an indication of which area you are interested in.
• A link to any websites (Github, Stack Overflow, etc) or blog indicating technical skills such as math and programming.
• Relevant coursework listed at the top of your resume is helpful as well.