Studio Operations Manager
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2023 10:42:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Studio Operations Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Studio Operations Manager postings
Full Time Job
SNY is an Emmy Award winning regional sports content creator with both linear television and digital platform distribution. SNY provides unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UCONN Women's Basketball and all things New York sports. As New York's leader in local sports coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all the Tri-State area's professional and collegiate sports teams through exclusive live games, nightly sports programs, and original entertainment. The linear network serves approximately nine million homes throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally through select providers. SNY also distributes up-to-the-minute New York sports news and exclusive series digitally at SNY.tv, and through its social channels on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
The Studio Operations Manager is a full-time, project-based position. The working hours for this position are scheduled from 4am to 12pm, or as needed.
We are seeking a detail-oriented Studio Operations Manager to oversee day-to-day operations of our technical studio environment. This role involves coordinating studio schedules, managing resources, and fostering a collaborative atmosphere. We're looking for a solid managerial leader with a background in broadcasting, a positive self-starter, who can collaborate with cross-functional teams, including senior management, across the organization. Your ability to engage with various production levels and senior management is crucial to excelling in this role.
• In conjunction with Technical Operations Manager, you will manage staff and freelance broadcast crew personnel. This involves crew scheduling, recruitment, training, performance evaluation and feedback, compensation evaluation, and addressing all employee related issues.
• Proficiency in engaging with all areas of production and senior management, effectively leveraging resources to ensure a quality, seamless production in a ever-changing, fast-paced live studio environment.
• Serve as the main point of contact between SNY, daily outside rentals and onsite show runner, as well as the off-site integration control room operations.
• Support studio operations from live control room by acting as quality control person for check in of incoming remote feeds, including but not limited to routing, video processing, aspect ratio conversion / verification, audio and remote communications.
• Along with Technical Operations Manager, maintain weekly studio budget and overtime levels. Maintain weekly financial reports as needed.
• Operational and troubleshooting knowledge of all production systems currently in use to ensure a consistently high level of technical quality across all productions including but not limited to video, audio, Overdrive and lighting systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot audio, video, and intercom systems, operate test equipment, and clearly communicate technical problems to engineering is required.
• Familiarity with building remote (street level) ENG type productions, including cable paths, fiber connectivity, etc.
• Perform other related duties as required and special projects as assigned.
• BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum of five (5 ) years' professional broadcast / cable technical production management experience and should include live studio and remote experience.
• Familiarity with routers, Overdrive, Grass Valley production switchers, Vizrt Graphics, SSL audio, iNews, Avid Interplay, RTS Intercom and AutoScript prompter systems a plus.
• Must be familiar with basic Microsoft Office programs.
• Leadership experience, demonstrating the ability to motivate and guide a team.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
• Job requires varied shifts including but not limited to nights, weekends, and some holidays.
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
In accordance with applicable NYC law, the estimated base salary range for this role is $95,000 - $120,000 commensurate with experience. SNY offers a competitive benefits package that includes healthcare benefits, 401 (k) Retirement plan, Paid Time Off, Commuter benefits, and other additional company benefits and perks.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.