Sr. Producer - Games & Digital Platforms
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Products & Experiences Overview:
Universal Products & Experiences (UP&E) globally drives the expansion and elevation of NBCUniversal's iconic collection of brands, intellectual properties, characters, and stories based on the company's extensive portfolio of properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination, DreamWorks Animation and NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. The division executes this through innovative physical and digital products, engaging retail and product experiences across our expansive global theme park destinations (for both owned and 3rd party IP), location-based venues, e-commerce product platforms, and retailers around the world. Along with global brand strategy and creative, UP&E's three lines of business include Consumer Products, Games and Digital Platforms, as well as Theme Parks Products & Retail. UP&E is a division of Universal Parks & Resorts, part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. https://www.universalproductsexperiences.com/
Universal Products & Experiences is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce of the highest caliber. We are committed to fostering equitable and inclusive environments that honor the experiences, perspectives, and uniqueness of each colleague.
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The Universal Products & Experiences team is looking for a motivated hands-on Senior Producer with solid gaming experience. This position will place the successful candidate in a fast-paced, digital environment. Working on multiple gaming projects across the PC, Console, Mobile platforms, NFT, and Blockchain genres. They will facilitate the development of high-quality games based on NBC Universal intellectual properties. The Senior Producer will be responsible for working with publishers and developers, brand owners, marketing, and PR while driving the product and game vision, overseeing schedule(s), product quality, and live operations.
They will also work with internal and external teams to identify KPIs required for success and ensure their games deliver against these goals.
• Evangelize the game(s) vision and core mechanics across the business while being accountable for the quality, budget, delivery targets.
• Constantly manage and provide clear direction on how the â€œPillarsâ€ or â€œCore Featuresâ€ fit into the game both from a gameplay point of view and a consumer point of view.
• Responsible for overseeing and communicating budgets, scheduling and milestone reviews.
• Identify and mitigate risks associated with key-milestones both for internal teams and external teams.
• Predict or Foresee areas where bottlenecks could occur and balance between additions and tradeoffs against executive expectations and technical constraints.
• Drive the teams to consistently meet project deadlines without compromising the integrity of the game. Cultivate a positive team dynamic and work collaboratively with all levels.
• Represent the player when communicating game market, and feature expectations.
• Pay if forward. Help mentor, work with, and be a constant resource for junior team members. Be the voice of reason when there are conflicts and problems around game development.
• Remain up-to-date with current industry trends through competitive products analysis and strong knowledge of industry best practices.
• Understand and contribute to the overall company goals and core values, bringing a positive and collaborative approach to all project related activities.
• Deliver in the short term with an eye for long term planning around games, slates, and franchises.
• Minimum 5 year's experience as a Senior Producer within a digital games developer or publisher
• Deep experience with both the mobile, Console/PC, and live operations
• Strong familiarity of gaming development process including first party submission requirements and the ability to play through game builds
• Knowledge of monetization models and strategies to deliver high value products
• Proven track record of delivering high-quality games for publication on time and on budget
• Highly collaborative with outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to create and communicate compelling product vision and interaction with development teams, publishing partners and internal management
• Creative, forward thinking, results and detail oriented, self-motivated and a problem solver
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Project or other project management software
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution preferred
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $125,000 - $170,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.