Sr. Mgr., Category Management - Boys Toys
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2023 10:57:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Mgr., Category Management - Boys Toys jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Sr. Mgr., Category Management - Boys Toys postings
Full Time Job
Universal Products & Experiences Overview:
Universal Products & Experiences (UP&E) globally drives the expansion and elevation of NBCUniversal's iconic collection of brands, intellectual properties, characters, and stories based on the company's extensive portfolio of properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination, DreamWorks Animation and NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. The division executes this through innovative physical and digital products, engaging retail and product experiences across our expansive global theme park destinations (for both owned and 3rd party IP), location-based venues, e-commerce product platforms, and retailers around the world. Along with global brand strategy and creative, UP&E's three lines of business include Consumer Products, Games and Digital Platforms, as well as Theme Parks Products & Retail. UP&E is a division of Universal Parks & Resorts, part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. https://www.universalproductsexperiences.com/
Universal Products & Experiences is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce of the highest caliber. We are committed to fostering equitable and inclusive environments that honor the experiences, perspectives, and uniqueness of each colleague.
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The Sr. Manager is responsible for managing the Boys Toys business, providing input in the overall category strategies, and managing key licensee relationships in support of NBCUniversal's brands, across our Film, TV, and other IP.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 7 years of experience with Category/Brand Management, knowledge of the licensing and retail landscape in the Toys & Hardlines categories. The candidate should have solid relationships with major brand partners, a proven successful track record, an entrepreneurial spirit and the breadth of skills required to help execute key initiatives & overall growth of the Universal Consumer Products Business.
Category Management and Licensee Management:
• Identify opportunities and fill gaps by product category and related sub-categories, age, segment, market, channel, and franchise
• Lead contract negotiations for key licensee and perform all functions of â€œContract Ownerâ€ including contract maintenance
• Accountable for day-to-day management of key licensees including overseeing business reviews
• Determine where Direct Sourcing, DTR or other business models could enhance our business and negotiating/managing details
• Partner with the Creative and Brand Assurance team to drive quality and champion innovation in product development. Ensure timely product approvals in line with industry needs
• Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats, and dynamics for key licensees
Finance and Business Planning:
• Fiscal responsibility to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting
• Analyze account (licensee & retailer) business performance and develop growth objectives that aligned with NBCUniversal
• Support contract negotiations by analyzing and vetting licensee business plan
Brand and Content Management:
• Support brand marketing initiatives including the development and execution of category plans
• Define and integrate licensees within wider brand and marketing plans
• Work with filmmakers and key brand stakeholders to ensure IP is well represented in product development and marketing campaigns
• Liaise with Retail Development team to complement account promotional and marketing plans and ensure key licensee participation. Identify exclusive opportunities that support account specific requirements.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key buyers and decision makers at key retailers, in partnership with the Retail team
• Maintain knowledge of key seasonalities and buying cycles of retailers
• Provide input and execute strategy set for the Boys Toys categories, as they align with the larger franchise strategy
• Develop line and segmentation strategy for key licensees, maintaining a three- year roadmap, driving innovation and quality
• Manage a portfolio of licensees to grow the CP business. Critically evaluate the licensee base to ensure we have the right number of partners and best in category overall
• 7 years of experience with Category/Brand Management
• Recent experience in Boys Toys Category
• Strong understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
• Strong leadership skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of licensees' production and creative capabilities/limitations
• Experience at a toy company
• Strategic thinker
• Multi-task oriented
• Flexible/ability to adjust to changing business environment
• Relationship builder
• Excellent communication & presentation skills
• Ability to set quality standards and hold product to them
• Team Player
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $110,000 - $130,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or exp