Sr. Manager, Talent Development
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
SummaryAt Universal Studios Hollywood, we want to develop the best leaders and be known for it.
The Senior Manager of Talent Development requires strong background in developing people, leadership programs and with related OD experience this hands-on role will design, develop and deliver enterprise-wide leadership programs, along with a variety of learning strategies and solutions. This role will also partner closely with senior leaders to consult on team effectiveness challenges and facilitate workshops and off-sites that can address the required needs.
• Provide performance and organizational development consulting and serve as an adviser to HR Business Partners, other HR functions and the business
• Create and implement strategy for developing people management and leadership capabilities across USH; Prioritize and sequence areas for focus
• Design, develop, and support delivery of a manager essentials programs for first time people-managers
• Developing, maintaining and delivering key Talent programs such as ''DLT'' and ''FOLO'' and supporting the overall development of capability across the organization. Support the HR Operations team in further developing talent processes.
• Support the design and delivery of open enrollment workshops and learning series
• Develop an e-learning strategy to complement existing offerings and integrate into overall L&OD strategy
• Manage team members on related projects or leadership programs
• Identify potential new partners, initiatives, and activities and make recommendations in support on an expanding center of excellence in learning and organizational development
• Deliver key business activities, including internal leadership meetings and team events/off-sites
• Manage and develop the Talent Development manager
• Develop and manage external vendor/partner relationships resulting in high-quality, cost-effective learning solutions
• Participate in identifying training needs through use of formal needs assessments and field research to support professional and leadership training programs, and professional onboarding. Work with the HR team, department leaders and subject matter experts to assess the learning needs of professional staff across the organization.
• Facilitate USH development workshops including scheduling, delivery, tracking, marketing, administration and evaluation.
• Support locally led leadership training through content design and train the trainer processes
• Partner and support leaders with special employee engagement, development and OD initiatives.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety and compliance responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Build and maintain strong client, and subject matter expert relationships to gather ongoing needs assessment information and build curriculum content.
• Manage tracking of all training records as process owner for USH's Learning Management System.
• 8 years' experience in learning and development, ideally focused on manager or leader development
• Translate strategy to action and drive accountability for progress to key milestones
• Classroom instruction & facilitation: Excellent skills in stand-up instruction, presentation and facilitation
• Advanced interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and represent the Universal Studios Hollywood brand across all levels in the business
• Ability to work both collaboratively as a team across various functions and work independently in an ambiguous, constantly-changing environment with a relentlessly positive attitude
• Ability to manage multiple projects to ensure on-time delivery and quality using both internal and external resources Proven track record in leading and managing programs
• Superb interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
• People-manager experience
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Fluent in the various Learning Management Systems
• Knowledgeable of various personality and organizational assessments (e.g. DISC, Social styles, 360, etc.) Outstanding focus, flexibility and ability to work independently
• Proven track record of leading and developing others
• Ability to execute high-impact learning strategies that enhance people and business performance
• Results focused; a consultative leadership style that builds high-performing teams across multi-disciplined projects that consistently meet targets and realize organizational benefits.
• Ability to collaborate with HR Business Partners and line leaders internally
• Skilled communicator through written reporting and verbal presentation
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook