Sr. Manager, Category Management
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/17/2021 12:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Manager, Category Management jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all Sr. Manager, Category Management postings
Full Time Job
Sr. Manager, Category Management, Adult Fashion
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 8 years' experience with Category/Brand Management, knowledge of the licensing and retail landscape in the Fashion categories. The candidate should have the breadth of skills required to help execute key initiatives & overall growth of the category.
• Directly responsible for managing the adult apparel and accessories, kids and adult footwear and building the fashion DTR business.
• Negotiate and manage contracts by analyzing and vetting licensee business plans identifying opportunities, and filling gaps by product category and related sub-categories, age, segment, market, channel, and franchise.
• In line with the regional strategy, develop, set, and execute strategies for the relevant category in conjunction with relevant stakeholders including plans for new business for each sub-category and franchise.
• Collaborate on retail initiatives and marketing for current film releases and library properties for targeted categories.
• Manage the annual budget planning and quarterly forecasting process, developing licensee objectives and initiatives to drive growth, working with finance.
• Actively manage and cultivate the relationship engagement, partnership, and joint business planning as appropriate with each licensee, new and existing.
• Partner with Product Development team to drive quality and champion innovation in product development.
• Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats, and dynamics for key licensees, and buying cycles of retailers.
• Support brand marketing initiatives including the development and execution of category plans.
• Bachelor's degree 6 - 8 years of directly related experience or 8 years of related experience in fashion and licensed apparel
• Strong understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
• Strong business and merchandising experience in apparel/fashion industry ideally in juniors/men's
• Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
• Strong communication & presentation skills
• Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
• Flexible/ability to adjust to changing business environment
• Innovative, entrepreneurial, and creative thinker
• Team player
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Comprehensive knowledge of apparel production timelines and creative capabilities/limitations
• Fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office as well as Keynote
• Strong relationship building skills, flexible and adaptable; able to collaborate, influence and persuade at all levels of an organization, both internal and external
• Analytical thinker with proven experience analyzing data and developing and executing strategies
• Relationships in the licensed/fashion industry