Sr. Manager Business Operations
NBC UniversalMiami, FL
Full Time Job
The Business Operations Senior Manager i s responsible for the processing of detailed financial information assuring timely and reliable reporting through effective monitoring, tracking, and reconciliation of internal and external costs. Position will also support the effective implementation of complex and cross critical business operations processes across the portfolio ensuring operational excellence.
The ideal candidate is someone who has worked across cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment and strives for operational excellence. You must be a strategic thinker that is able to tie projects to strategic initiatives and corporate goals.
• Owns the tracking, pacing and maintenance of the overall Omni-Channel Marketing Budget to accurately plan, forecast, and execute on the monthly, quarterly, yearly objectives for the department.
• Main point of contact for all communication with business stakeholders, finance, and HR on changes to the plan.
• Works closely with area Managers to ensure budgets are in line with department goals.
• In charge of providing monthly budget pacing, accruals and closing reports to Finance.
• Collaborates with Finance team to establish cost and efficiency measurements and creates plans for optimization.
• Partners with Operations to ensure stakeholder deliverables are on budget according to estimate.
• Manages department reallocation/chargeback process and raises flags if estimates and output are not aligned.
• Collaborates with hiring managers across the portfolio to ensure freelance resources are properly funded.
• Leads the freelance onboarding process in collaboration with area Managers and Operations.
• Oversees the Marketing vendor management and contracting process to guarantee company protocols are being followed.
• Maintains a strong relationship with Field Production by overseeing shoot budgets, project vetting and legal contracts.
• Helps generate metrics by conducting data analysis to uncover trends, drive efficiencies, and other useful information that can help business leader make well-informed decisions.
• Leads in the development and implementation of new business platforms and special projects.
• Maintains regular communication with department head to identify areas where we can maximize resources and/or be more cost effective across all platforms and functions.
• Optimize process for capturing data and reduce reporting complexity.
• Standardize request methods and build processes to enable self-service.
• An Excel Ninja: Exception Microsoft Excel Skills.
• Understands how different pieces of a project work together to foresee potential problems and solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary; you will be in constant communication with other departments.
• Strong knowledge of design, creative and production workflows.
• Proficient in Outlook, Word, Dropbox, Smart Sheets and Google applications.
• Excellent follow-through.
• Works well under pressure as responsibilities are time sensitive.
• Able to work autonomously or collectively in a high-pressure environment.
• Highly organized, able to multitask, able to shift priorities and pivot quickly based on organization needs.
• Experience working closely with multi-disciplinary creative teams.
• Ability to communicate fluently in Spanish and English, both written and oral.