Sr. Analyst, HRIS & Compensation
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
The Sr Analyst, HRIS & Compensation is responsible for supporting the direction and management of HRIS & Compensation initiatives, projects and applications. This position is also responsible for supporting day-to-day operational data needs which include writing/maintaining a variety of complex reports and queries, reviewing compensation surveys and analysis requests, ensuring integrity for employee records, and troubleshooting issues/inquiries using applications such as SAP HCM, TimeKeeper and other relevant systems.
• Generate a variety of reports and summaries as requested by HR, Managers, LR/Legal, Payroll, Benefits or Timekeeping in a timely and efficient manner.
• Develop procedures, guidelines and documentation for various systems. Train HR team or new users on new processes/functionality.
• Analyze and determine appropriateness of compensation requests utilizing internal and external survey data
• Assist with annual merit and bonus process
• Keep up-to-date on the latest compensation policies and legislation as it pertains to the workforce
• Design and develop queries and reports using standard tools and methodologies.
• Identify, analyze and catalog each report requested for relevancy and utilization throughout the organization.
• Ensure data integrity and efficient processing of HR data by demonstrating knowledge of datasets and organizational structure.
• Analyze current business processes, reduce redundancies and identify areas for potential improvement.
• Acquire and maintain expertise in systems (SAP, TimeKeeper) to enable accurate processing.
• Foster productive working relationships with related processing groups (HR Ops, Benefits, Payroll, etc.).
• Assist in the review, testing and implementation of new system processes and/or enhancements as needed.
• Assist in maintaining integrity with organizational structure.
• Assist with SAP transaction processing as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Human Resources or related field required _-OR- equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 4 years progressively responsible HRIS/HCM systems experience in a large scale organization and fast paced environment.
• Strong Computer/Analytical Skills, particularly with MS Excel and Access.
• Minimum 1 year Compensation experience with a basic understanding of compensation philosophies & structure and working knowledge of salary surveys and market pricing
• Functional understanding of HRIS design, structure, and processes.
• Certified Compensation Professional (or one working towards certification) is highly preferred
• Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Manage multiple assignments with minimal guidance; prioritize tasks and deliverables effectively to meet due dates.
• Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Access and Word.
• Experience with HRIS systems such as SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, etc.
• Experience in both non-union and union/represented environments. Retail or hospitality industry preferred.
• Ability to research and analyze various types of data information.