Spring Paid Intern - Training, Dreamworks
NBC UniversalGlendale, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
Now accepting resumes for the Spring Internship Program (part-time, 16-24 hours per week, paid) with start date in January.
DreamWorks Animation seeks an Intern for the Training Department in Glendale, CA. In this role, the intern will learn the training process for various production departments. (Animation, Effects, Surfacing, Matte Painting, etc). Interns will gain operational knowledge of training lab equipment and an understanding of the production training workflow.
Job responsibilities include preparing training labs for classes, setting up rosters, directing students and helping with troubleshooting if necessary. The intern will collect rosters and enter data into Excel database. He or she will record various classes with screen capture software and camera equipment. They will occasionally edit recorded classes in Adobe Premiere. The intern will also need to take on administrative tasks and design posters to promote training classes as needed.
In addition, the intern will be encouraged to attend training classes to learn about the animation pipeline as well as the software used to create our movies. He/she will have the opportunity to meet with artists from different departments and to further develop skills in areas of interest. The intern will also be able to participate in ongoing studio arts classes, lunchtime talks, special series workshops, employee galleries and screenings.
• Pursuing an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at a College/University (or equivalent), or be a recent graduate (within six months of graduation date)
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Ability to commit 12 weeks to the internship and work onsite in Glendale, CA
• Ability to work part time (16-24 hours/week) from January 13, 2020 - April 3, 2020
• Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Confidently looks to solve problems, manages time efficiently, and pays close attention to details
• A team player with a can-do attitude and strong communication skills
• Proactive and has strong multi-tasking skills
• Must have working knowledge of Photoshop and Premiere
• Interest in animation or feature film production
• Experience with collecting/organizing data using software like Excel
• Experience with HD video recording
• Basic video editing skills
• Customer service skills or relevant experience preferred
• Knowledge on computer lab equipment/setup preferred