Spring Intern - Saturday Night Live
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Saturday Night Live Internships - Spring 2019 (New York, NY)
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
Since its inception in 1975, Saturday Night Live has launched the careers of many extraordinary television professionals and has delivered countless iconic moments and characters. The program has won 64 Emmy Awards, the most for any show in television history. Saturday Night Live was inducted into the Broadcasting Hall of Fame by the National Association of Broadcasters and continues to garner the highest ratings of any late-night television program, entertaining millions each week.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Field Production
• Studio Production
• Production Management
• Set Design
• Costume & Wardrobe
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Interns at Saturday Night Live will work closely with the staff of their department to help gain knowledge and understanding of what goes into producing and weekly – live – late night comedy show.
• Interns will observe and assist department heads in aspects of producing a late night sketch comedy show. Some responsibilities may include but are not limited to: recording rehearsals, distributing run downs, making runs for writers and cast members. Self-starters able to take direction and prioritize responsibilities will do best in the high-paced environment of SNL.
• Interns should have experience in entertainment production. An ideal candidate is eager and excited to do any task they are given. We are looking for people who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, act independently, take initiative, and help the show from the ground up.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 2, 2018
• Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019
• Desired Backgrounds: Communications, Computer Science, Digital/New Media, Film/TV Production, Film/Television, Fine Arts, Media Studies, Music Business, Photography
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, detail oriented, team player, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge and passion for the entertainment industry and live TV production
• Previous internship experience. This is an extremely competitive internship opportunity - two to three previous production internships or internships in the above areas is highly preferred
• Flexibility to work 2-3 full days during the week and the full production day on Saturday for the duration of the internship