Spring Intern - Marketing & Sales
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Content Distribution – Marketing & Sales Internships Spring 2019 (NY)
Content Distribution is a division of NBCUniversal that drives the North American distribution of the company's multi-billion dollar television portfolio to cable, satellite and telco providers, as well as live streaming services and other digital platforms. A key revenue-generator, the division oversees the distribution of NBC and Telemundo owned stations, all of NBCUniversal's cable entertainment, news and sports networks, and the Olympics. The group also leads the content strategy and development for offerings that include video-on-demand (VOD) and TV Everywhere (TVE).
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Marketing and Communications
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Marketing & Communications: Interns support the group's overall function, which is to develop innovative integrated marketing initiatives with our distribution partners to reinforce the value of the NBCUniversal's network portfolio and increase network ratings. Tasks can include tracking our network promos, compiling and sending industry news to company executives, event set-up and clean-up, and ad hoc tasks as needed.
• Sales: Interns support the Content Distribution sales team with day-today projects including: strategy and research for upcoming and current deals, data analysis, Excel calculations, and general administrative tasks for the department.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 2, 2018
• Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019\\
• Desired Backgrounds: Business, Business Administration, Communications Digital/New Media, Film/Television, Marketing, Media Studies, Public Relations
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player, high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel, ability to multi-task, knowledge and passion for the entertainment industry
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership