Spring Intern - E Consumer Insights & Research
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
E! is the only global, multi-platform brand for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 91 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S. "E! News" airs nightly on the network and is the leading multi-platform publisher delivering breaking entertainment news and pop culture coverage 24/7 across all digital and social media. E! programming includes popular series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," "Total Divas," "Botched," and "Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry," as well as the network's scripted series "The Royals" and ''The Arrangement.'' Additionally, E!'s "Live from the Red Carpet" signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on pop culture's biggest nights. E! is a network of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
In this role, the intern will help analyze cross-platform performance and consumer feedback across our various brands and series.
The E! Research Department is looking for a Spring 2019 Intern to assist with a wide variety of entertainment and media-specific research projects, along with day-to-day reporting and analysis. This internship will support the Multiplatform, Consumer Insights, Digital and Social research teams.
Examples of daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• While assisting the Multiplatform Research Team, the intern will contribute to ratings analysis at the network and program level, helping create daily/weekly reports along with completing ad hoc research requests.
• Consumer Insights responsibilities will include social sentiment tracking, program awareness monitoring and assisting in brand/program specific quantitative and qualitative projects.
• In support of the Digital and Social Research Teams, the intern will help track and monitor online website visitation/traffic and social engagement (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.), along with assisting on ad hoc projects.
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by Nov 2nd 2018
• Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
• Collaborative team player
• Ability to write clearly and analyze data in efficiently and succinctly
• Passion for entertainment and pop culture
• Desire to work as part of a fun team
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Ideal candidates will be available to work three full days per week (9 a.m. – 6 p.m., with an hour lunch break).
• Familiarity with TV production and post-production techniques a plus.
• Must exhibit excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to develop organizational systems.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must.
• Strong attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
• Able to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Must demonstrate initiative and strong follow-up skills.
• Video editing skills and/or working knowledge of AVID a plus.
• Motion graphics production skills and/or working knowledge of Adobe After Effects a plus.
• Knowledgeable on various digital formats a plus.
• Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel a must.