Spring Intern - Digital Enterprises
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Digital Enterprises Content Partnerships and Audience Development Team is searching for a Spring intern to integrate into the day to day operations with a focus on both creative content strategy and data insights. This opportunity is ideal for candidates looking to explore the digital and social media landscape with a business lens.
• Actively brainstorm and ideate possible ideas across all partnerships (Snapchat, BuzzFeed, Vox)
• Assist with special projects. May include creating sales one-sheets, collaborative trackers, and content logs
• Assist in updating content and editorial calendars
• Prioritize and track deliverables, manage project timelines, deadlines and requests
• Assist with event execution, conducting research, preparing meeting agendas
• Participate in meetings, take notes and disseminate information to relevant stakeholders
• Organize various content components such as sales sizzles, creative assets, and keep a log of delivery and due dates
• Work on cumulative end of spring project based on learnings
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree studying Marketing/Communications/Business at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in any of the locations listed above
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 2, 2018
• Spring Program Dates: January 14 – May 10, 2019.
***Please note: NBCUniversal prohibits interns from participating in any other internship programs while employed by NBCUniversal without written permission from the Intern's Supervisor and the Talent Acquisition Lead of Campus Programs.
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Can demonstrate flexibility in fast-changing environment
• Can-do, positive attitude/team-player
• Creative and analytical thinker that's willing to look outside of the box
• Passionate about the media/digital/social landscape
• Preferred expert experience with Microsoft Powerpoint/Excel and Google Drive/Docs
• Strong interpersonal skills, must be able to work effectively across other teams
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills and sharp business acumen
• Able to think creatively and strategically about the digital and social media landscape
• Knowledgeable on NBCU partnerships and trends across publishers/platforms including but not limited to, Snapchat, BuzzFeed, Vox, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram
• Ability to work with different levels within the org and work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Solid Understanding of the social and digital landscape (social platforms, key digital players, someone who consumes social and digital content)
• Familiar with NBCU content and it's social presence