Spring Intern - Cable Entertainment
NBC UniversalNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment is made up of 7 leading cable brands – USA, Syfy, Bravo, E! Entertainment, Oxygen, Universal Kids, and BluPrint – as well as production entities Universal Cable Productions and Wilshire Studios.
The portfolio engages a worldwide audience across multiple platforms through powerful award-winning scripted dramas, innovative reality and lifestyle programming, popular acquired series, a rapidly expanding entertainment news division and inventive, aspirational children's television.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Alternative Production & Programming
• Content Office
• Graphic Design
• Digital Video Production
• Digital/New Media Technology
• Emerging Media
• Consumer Marketing
• Brand Marketing
• On-Air / Off-Air Promotions
• Production Management
• Program Planning
• Program Strategy
• Public Relations
• Social Media
Examples of daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Editorial: We're seeking a smart, pop culture-savvy, hard-working intern to join our team. Our intern will assist with weekly content updates around our shows and lifestyle verticals including but not limited to: Captioning/tagging photo galleries; concepting and executing blog posts; transcribing interviews; etc.
• Production: Updating department lists and grids, general administrative tasks, script coverage, answering phones, and covering for executive assistants
• Digital Marketing: Our work promotes Cable shows, movies, and overall brand identity through marketing campaigns that air on our network, on other networks through paid media, as well as across the various digital and social platforms like SYFY.com, SYFYapps, YouTube, Facebook & other digital partners.
• Other duties depending on specific internship department
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in New York, NY
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by Nov 2nd 2018
• Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Public Relations/ Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Social Media, English, Digital Media, Business, Research
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership