Spring Intern - Cable Entertainment
NBC UniversalUniversal City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment is made up of 7 leading cable brands – USA, Syfy, Bravo, E! Entertainment, Oxygen, Universal Kids, and BluPrint – as well as production entities Universal Cable Productions and Wilshire Studios.
The portfolio engages a worldwide audience across multiple platforms through powerful award-winning scripted dramas, innovative reality and lifestyle programming, popular acquired series, a rapidly expanding entertainment news division and inventive, aspirational children's television.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Alternative Production & Programming
• Content Office
• Graphic Design
• Digital Video Production
• Digital/New Media Technology
• Emerging Media
• Consumer Marketing
• Brand Marketing
• On-Air / Off-Air Promotions
• Production Management
• Program Planning
• Program Strategy
• Public Relations
• Social Media
Examples of daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Assist PAs and producers in gathering elements needed for their stories such as logging interviews, pulling b-roll, research, etc.
• Updating department lists and grids, general administrative tasks, script coverage, stocking office supplies, answering phones, and covering for executive assistants
• Our intern may be asked to create lists of talent (tv stars, film stars, comedians, digital influencers, etc) and visual presentations.
• Other duties depending on specific internship department
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Universal City, CA
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
• Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by Nov 2nd 2018
• Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Public Relations/ Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Social Media, English, Digital Media, Business, Research
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail oriented, team player
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership